• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

1972 Marshall PA20, UK But Will Ship to USA

• Thread starter surfguy13
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

surfguy13

Reaction score
Hi Guys

As I have 2 of these PA20s I've decided to sell one to fund the purchase of an old Fender amp.

This is a 1972 PS 20 which is, I believe, completely original. I may well have missed something so please free to point anything out.

The chassis label is dated 1972 and the serial number conforms this.

The amp is in perfect cosmetic and operational condition and sounds just amazing. Although it's a 20 watt head it is extremely loud when the channels are jumpered.

The cup feet on the head are original, they were fitted to some PA heads and cabs and not to others.

There are loads of photos here in my Image Shack album, please check them out:

https://imageshack.com/a/RG3b/2

I will install a new set of JJ power and preamp valves or can discuss installing a set of original Brimar valves.

This amp has a Bulgin plug socket and lead which are perfect and work faultlessly but I do have another PA 20 in identical condition to this one with a factory hardwired mains lead which I would be happy to sell instead of this one. This may be better if you're in the US?

I'm happy to ship worldwide to forum members via UPS on a 2-3 ship but as most of the forum members seem to be in the US I decided to get a quote for shipping to the US. Based on the dimensions of the amp (52cmx23cmx22cm) plus an extra 10cm for packing materials and the weight (9.8 kilos) plus an extra 3 kilos to allow for packing the quote was £67. This may vary with the £/$ exchange rate but it's ball park.

Insurance if you want it (I never bother) is 2% of the value of the amp and can be bought when booking the shipping.

If you're in the UK you are very welcome to come and try the amp or if you want it shipped the cost would be £12, again via UPS on a next day.

I'm asking £1050 for the amp which I think is fair based on the condition. When you consider the reissues of the PA20s are £1050 new that seems about right!!

Please contact me if you need more photos or information, I am very happy to provide more details or photos anytime.

I have sold to forum members in Japan and the US before without issues!

Cheers

Latest posts