1978 Jmp 50 Watt Combo

• Thread starter backstreets81
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Geeze

Reaction score
It is a JMP 2204 - that is a very good price depending on speakers [my late 78 had blackbacks]. Pretty clean looking as well I'd jump on it if I was in that area and didn't already have one.

Russ

Last edited:

Blueslicks

Reaction score
1978 Marshall 2104 JMP MKII 2x12 Combo. Well worth the price if it's not been messed with and in overall good shape. Those vintage fawn tolex models are pretty rare I think.

eastwood6

Reaction score
I've owned two of these. That's a great price if it hasn't been monkeyed with. Yes, the fawn covered ones are a little more uncommon. Would be good to know what speakers are in it - as noted, should be either Marshall branded black back Celestions, the later 70's and early 80's ones often had G12-65's. Straight up rock machines. All the goodness of JMP master volume amps. Crazy heavy though. Good luck to your friend.

Ned74

Reaction score
I've owned two of these. That's a great price if it hasn't been monkeyed with. Yes, the fawn covered ones are a little more uncommon. Would be good to know what speakers are in it - as noted, should be either Marshall branded black back Celestions, the later 70's and early 80's ones often had G12-65's. Straight up rock machines. All the goodness of JMP master volume amps. Crazy heavy though. Good luck to your friend.
Why is everyone hating on any mods on a JMP? My 78 has been messed with, well before it became mine, and the mods are so unique, and actually compliments the power, and I wouldn't have it any other way personally, though I understand purists wants for OG condition, or for resale, but if you own one of these, you will never want to part with it!

Latest posts