2 amps one cab...help!

• Thread starter papa-seano
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Trick

Reaction score
Yes, yes it does. If you are having a phase issue you can use a 9 volt battery as described in the link to move the cones and get them in phase.

What? It does not follow.

Um, that's what I'm saying.:wave:

Bieling3, I'm not speaking of speaker cabs or speakers being out of phase, but actually the circuit of the heads, the input circuit. I did have a Marshall cab that was miss wired at the factory, when used with a second cab they were out of phase, an easy fix with today's Marshall cabs, just a swap of + and - wires at the input on the board.

LPMarshall hack

Reaction score
So did we ever figure out if there is a box that will allow you to run two heads into one MONO cab and have them play either one at a time or both at the SAME time?

cagamp1

Reaction score
So did we ever figure out if there is a box that will allow you to run two heads into one MONO cab and have them play either one at a time or both at the SAME time?

Yeh, that load box thing mentioned earlier, but only one at a time.

Trick

Reaction score
You can buy just the stereo box or connection on ebay that Marshall installs on a stereo cab, a little mod to your wiring and to your back panel to make it fit. for less than $50.00 and pow! stereo cab with a switch that allows to return to mono 16 ohm mode. Too easy.
http://cgi.ebay.com/380296621883

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LPMarshall hack

Reaction score
You can buy just the stereo box or connection on ebay that Marshall installs on a stereo cab, a little mod to your wiring and to your back panel to make it fit. for less than $50.00 and pow! stereo cab with a switch that allows to return to mono 16 ohm mode. Too easy.

Thanks. Not sure I wanna do all that. I have a stereo cab too, but I may sell it and keep the mono one with the greenies.:)

AQuickOne

Reaction score
Thanks. Not sure I wanna do all that. I have a stereo cab too, but I may sell it and keep the mono one with the greenies.:)

well...with greenies you have to be careful with 1 amp, with 2 you will blow them sooner or later.
buying a new stero cab is a good idea but if you cant get one cheap buy a mono cab and mod it with the marshall ME-19605000, no big deal, just did one last night in 30 minutes (plus cutting the hole in the backside)

Droidnoise

Reaction score
Two heads into one cab? YES, I've been doing it for years. Two jacks, a switch for 16 ohm mono OR 8 ohm stereo. Phase can be a problem you'll have to work out. A divider might be a nice idea but doesn't really matter because both amps are being driven by the same guitar signal. They don't compete or interfere. If they are in phase they just reinforce like 4 x12's. As a matter of fact... IT ROARS! Do it.

Neylus

Reaction score
Hey all,
I have a 425A Cab and the panel looks exactly like this :

DV016_Jpg_Large_605014_jack_panel.jpg

I have a 2266 head and just bought a 2203 head.
I would like to know if it's possible to run the two heads in the same cab (4x12), like with two different guitars at the same times (one in the 2266 and the other in the 2203) ?

demonufo

Reaction score
Yes, just make sure the switch is set to STEREO.

Failure to do so will result in premature death of both amps.

The only downside is, that each amp will only come out of two speakers. So if you need to mic up both amp sounds, you'll need to put two mics, one on each side of the cab.