2 amps together...?

• Thread starter racko7566
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

racko7566

Reaction score
What's up guys and gals. I was wondering if I can run my dsl with my ep jr. at the same time if I use the stereo outs of a ce-5 chorus pedal? And if so, does it change the ohms in any way? Thanks for any info, Racko

racko7566

Reaction score
Hey AV. I'm using a dsl with the mc412, and the epi jr. with the 112 cab. Both are heads. And both are 16 ohms

Jonathan Wilder

Reaction score
What's up guys and gals. I was wondering if I can run my dsl with my ep jr. at the same time if I use the stereo outs of a ce-5 chorus pedal? And if so, does it change the ohms in any way? Thanks for any info, Racko

What cab are you running?

Purgasound

Rocker, Roller
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
if each head is going to it's own cabinet everything is fine. ohms and impedance do not need to change unless the output is differing, not the input (guitar). just make sure the impedance is matched like normal.

Jonathan Wilder

Reaction score
if each head is going to it's own cabinet everything is fine. ohms and impedance do not need to change unless the output is differing, not the input (guitar). just make sure the impedance is matched like normal.

If he'll be running through the same speaker cab split stereo the impedance will be different from what it would be with all 4 hooked up mono. If all the speakers are the same impedance, it will be cut in half in stereo mode.

racko7566

Reaction score
Also both heads have 4,8,and 16 ohm outs and the mc412 is a mono-stereo cab, can i run both heads to the cab on the same ohm setting? or would the two amps suck the sound out of each other? Auughhh....auughhh...aghh. He said suck each other....aughghh...aughgh....:lol:

Purgasound

Rocker, Roller
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also both heads have 4,8,and 16 ohm outs and the mc412 is a mono-stereo cab, can i run both heads to the cab on the same ohm setting? or would the two amps suck the sound out of each other? Auughhh....auughhh...aghh. He said suck each other....aughghh...aughgh....:lol:

when the stereo switch is engaged each pair of speakers within the 4x12 is completely independent and should be thought of as it's own cabinet. the impedance must be matched accordingly. if the cab is 4/16ohms mono then in stereo it is 8ohms per side. each amp set to 8ohms.

racko7566

Reaction score
OK, this is what I get so far. Two heads with their own cabs out of a stereo pedal are ok..... but if I RUN BOTH HEADS AT 16 OHMS into my stereo 412..... dope sorry this is where im lost.

nofearfactor

Reaction score
When you use the 4x12 cab set on stereo and each half of the cab is 8ohms then each of your heads have to be set on either 8 or 16ohm, just not 4 or 2ohms. It would be optimum for them to both be set on 8ohm though. The cab set on stereo is like it is now 2 2x12 cabs but in the same enclosure.

Ken

Reaction score
At home I run my DSL and Music Man into its own 4x12 cabinet sometimes. I also use my chorus pedal to split the guitar signal. It's cool to run the MM clean and the DSL dirty.

I've often wondered why no one makes a 2 channel amp with totally independent channels that you can run them at the same time? Running clean and heavy duty distorted simultaniously is a rather interesting sound!

Ken