2023 Google Chrome update?

• Thread starter DreamerDeceiver
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DreamerDeceiver

Reaction score
Lately, quite of few sites are claiming my browser is out of date.
(Iit's actually not.)
I generally can depict if its a scam or not, plus my sidebar has a update option. So ok why not.

So upon updating chrome I realize the new update omits some things , mainly my cookies toggle. No way to turn cookies on nor off on this update,forcing you to be followed, because apparently Google thinks this is ok? It's fugging intrusive ! Also rewording things so it confuses you into opting in/out to their advantage. So after digging to find all the elusive setting that creepy Google buried, I did some research.

After hours of digging,
Google evidently has different versions of their update,using some suckers as guinea pigs. One is this douchy version forcing you to have your cookies on no matter what. This is way deceptive,even for Google.
Google is supposed to stop the cookie thing ,but they extended it for whatever crooked reason. Maybe because they know the cookie end is near ,and they're forcing it on users to collect even more data prior to the end of the cookie deadline?

This is a really shitty update, especially how they take the liberty with your privacy for their gain. Google is creepy, and totally lacks integrity.
Bias phuckers

Last edited:

Vinsanitizer

Motivational Speaker
VIP Member
Reaction score
Use a good (paid) VPN service. They can track your IP's all they want, but the servers only hold data in temporary memory, and the caches are cleared frequently.

Also recommended: AdBlock Plus and Ghostery. Consider using Tor for browsing.

BTW - I'm not entirely sure of this - maybe someone can check me on it? The last couple of times I cleared my Chrome cache (I check all the boxes and clear everything "for all time"), I went back to search for some pages I'd visited before, and the links were still purple, showing that I had visited them before. It should look as if you've never visited any websites after clearing the browser cache. That seemed odd. Can anyone verify this?

Otherwise, does anyone really want cookies turn off anyway? I log into a lot of sites, and I can't be bothered having to log into any of them constantly due to cookies being turned off. I haven't disabled cookies entirely since about 2008. But I don't say this in defense of the fact that Chrome removed the ability to block ALL cookies, I think it's more privacy invasion.

Last edited:

PelliX

Reaction score
BTW - I'm not entirely sure of this - maybe someone can check me on it? The last couple of times I cleared my Chrome cache (I check all the boxes and clear everything "for all time"), I went back to search for some pages I'd visited before, and the links were still purple, showing that I had visited them before. It should look as if you've never visited any websites after clearing the browser cache. That seemed odd. Can anyone verify this?

Cache != cookies != history. Not a Chrome user by choice myself, but the 'blue links' is generally based on the browser history, not the cache and cookies.

Google is supposed to stop the cookie thing ,but they extended it for whatever crooked reason. Maybe because they know the cookie end is near ,and they're forcing it on users to collect even more data prior to the end of the cookie deadline?

That's uh... not quite the truth; Google has announced to stop using/implementing *3rd party* cookies. That has nothing to do with you visiting website XYZ and it storing cookies on your machine. It also doesn't imply that website XYZ won't use 3rd party cookies - Google simply committed to not doing this themselves. That said, if they own and run your browser, there's probably not a lot of added value for them. Also consider that Google ads on a webpage are not covered by this, not are Google ads on a Google website... Bit of a nothingburger, if you ask me.

Use a good (paid) VPN service. They can track your IP's all they want, but the servers only hold data in temporary memory, and the caches are cleared frequently.

Also recommended: AdBlock Plus and Ghostery. Consider using Tor for browsing.

Not sure about Ghostery, but the companies interested in tracking and profiling are well savvy of the fact that IP's change (think mobile networks) and VPN, Tor, etc. The browser fingerprint is used a lot more for this which - typically - remains unaltered.

Duckduckgo browser, no tracking...

No 'native' tracking, but that doesn't mean you won't be tracked. Just because you don't have GPS tracking in your car doesn't mean cameras won't capture the plates when you drive past, if you see what I mean.

Vinsanitizer

Motivational Speaker
VIP Member
Reaction score
Cache != cookies != history. Not a Chrome user by choice myself, but the 'blue links' is generally based on the browser history, not the cache and cookies.

That's uh... not quite the truth; Google has announced to stop using/implementing *3rd party* cookies. That has nothing to do with you visiting website XYZ and it storing cookies on your machine. It also doesn't imply that website XYZ won't use 3rd party cookies - Google simply committed to not doing this themselves. That said, if they own and run your browser, there's probably not a lot of added value for them. Also consider that Google ads on a webpage are not covered by this, not are Google ads on a Google website... Bit of a nothingburger, if you ask me.

Not sure about Ghostery, but the companies interested in tracking and profiling are well savvy of the fact that IP's change (think mobile networks) and VPN, Tor, etc. The browser fingerprint is used a lot more for this which - typically - remains unaltered.

No 'native' tracking, but that doesn't mean you won't be tracked. Just because you don't have GPS tracking in your car doesn't mean cameras won't capture the plates when you drive past, if you see what I mean.
Browser history is included in the cache clearing.

The rest I don't care to debate. If you're that concerned about privacy, the only way to be 100% private is don't connect to the Internet. And even then, the cameras are watching you and the phones are listening. If not yours, then someone else's.

1694677028741.png