2555X doubt VS original

• Thread starter marshalled
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

marshalled

Reaction score
Ho to everyone I pickup up a 2555X last mounth and I try it for some days...

I see 2 thing:

1 - the switch from crunch to lead not have more difference, specially with gain

2 - the lead channel not have more Gain than original, If I set pot to max I need an SD1 to arrive at my 88' 2210 level gain.

I selled few mounths ago my 2553 (that was a beast! not use boost gain !!) for buy 2555X but I think to come back to my old amp.

It's normal low Gain saturation on lead channel ?? I will try to change the Preamp tubes ...

Thanks for every info or experience with new jubilee!

wardal

Reaction score
Ho to everyone I pickup up a 2555X last mounth and I try it for some days...

I see 2 thing:

1 - the switch from crunch to lead not have more difference, specially with gain

2 - the lead channel not have more Gain than original, If I set pot to max I need an SD1 to arrive at my 88' 2210 level gain.

I selled few mounths ago my 2553 (that was a beast! not use boost gain !!) for buy 2555X but I think to come back to my old amp.

It's normal low Gain saturation on lead channel ?? I will try to change the Preamp tubes ...

Thanks for every info or experience with new jubilee!

If you have not biased it to 70mv per side then do so. It made a big difference in mine. Once I did this the sterile and weak overdrive disappeared, especially on the crunch channel

Last edited:

marshalled

Reaction score
1 step: yesterday I changed the PRE tubes ..with 2 EHX and 1 sovtek

The Gain is more improved, and the amp sound better!!

plexilespaul

Reaction score
selling an original to purchase a reissue is not very smart in my book. try to play around with the bias (you'll need a tech for that if you're not knowledgable). the reissue sounds real nice by their own but don't expect them to 100% match the tone of the originals. they are built completly different.

marshalled

Reaction score
I wanted a 2555 original ..but cost very much and is very rare...I sell the 2553 for financing the reissue ...

Is not different to my ear reissue vs original ...the only thing is low gain ...but changed the preamp tube ...i solved the trouble.

To september ...with my friends test his original VS my reissue and will listen ...