• Thread starter Neptical
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Neptical

Reaction score
MF Fam,

Just out of curiosity. Pull EQ is my favorite and why I really like the MOSFET 3210 amps. That option ( with an external EQ ) is what really makes these amps shine - an absolute underrated feature not often discussed. As far as I'm aware, no other Marshall has this, not even the MOSFET combo or other SS Marshall. This feature is what brings the girth/thickness to hang with my 50w & 100w tube heads. Just an EQ in the loop just doesn't get there without it.

So, with that said ( and my lack of knowledge for circuits ), what actually happens when the Pull EQ is engaged? I know it's probably extremely simple, but that simple ole feature is the underrated KEY to these amps.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

guitarbilly74

Reaction score
Pull Boost? My 3210 doesn't have that. Mine has a Pull EQ on the gain knob.

Without pulling it, you only have the single Tone knob for EQ in the Boost channel.

Pulling it adds the clean channel 3-band EQ to the Boost channel, in conjunction with the Tone knob.
Mine is always pulled. I like it.

Neptical

Reaction score
@guitarbilly74 Is the Tone knob essentially a Contour knob? It's pretty unique if so in that it goes from full scoop to super top end bright. It works pretty fantastic both ways for single coils and humbuckers.

Also, a cool thing about the Reverb is that being at about 9 o'clock tends to open up the amp a bit. It takes the amp jussst enough out of that stiff/dry territory.

Last edited:

guitarbilly74

Reaction score
@guitarbilly74 Is the Tone knob essentially a Contour knob? It's pretty unique if so in that it goes from full scoop to super top end bright. It works pretty fantastic both ways for single coils and humbuckers.

Also, a cool thing about the Reverb is that being at about 9 o'clock tends to open up the amp a bit. It takes the amp jussst enough out of that stiff/dry territory.
Yeah it's definitely a contour knob, it's not as dramatic as the ones they used in the Valvestate series but it's basically the same concept: goes from mid centered to mid scooped.

Neptical

Reaction score
I decided to take the MOSFET to practice today. :hbang:

Again, I was reassured UNREAL how amazing these amps are. They Cut-N-Slice EASILY through the mix with a very, very heavy handed drummer. An MXR 10 band EQ in the loop, a RAT goosing the front. 412 straight cab with G12K85s. Absolutely ENORMOUS sound.

Boost Volume 3 o'clock.
Master 9 o'clock.

LOUD but rippin! One happy dude! 🤟🤟

Mrmadd

Reaction score
What eq frequencies are you raising or cutting

guitarbilly74

Reaction score
It's a great amp indeed. One of my most used amps here and I have a lot of Marshalls. I've been gigging with mine recently and it sounds great. Especially these days with soundguys being so picky about volume levels, the amp is a godsend since it sounds great at literally any volume.

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
I have always been amazed by the amp’s capabilities, but I have mostly ran mine as a helper, From either the DSL 40c’s , or the Origin 50H’s.
And I have never been disappointed