50th Anniversary 1 watt amps

• Thread starter Darth Federer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Federer

Reaction score
Hey all. Trying to get back to some forum interaction. Haven’t posted in years and years before today. This was the first Internet forum I ever joined and it really fed my playing passion as a new player 12 years ago. I was wondering if anyone that bought any of the 1-watters back in the day still have them and love them or if you thought they were gimmicky and sold them? I still have all of them and they still get played daily 11 years later

Biff Maloy

Reaction score
I still have all of them as well. I've tried other arrangements but still prefer them for home volume use. The JVM,DSL and JCM don't get as much play as they used to but the JTM,JMP and Offset stay readily available and get used daily still.

hank130313

Reaction score
I still have all of them as well. I've tried other arrangements but still prefer them for home volume use. The JVM,DSL and JCM don't get as much play as they used to but the JTM,JMP and Offset stay readily available and get used daily still.
Hello,

I have some questions about the 50th Anniversary models.

I used to own a Jubilee Mini, which I sold, but I started missing it and tried a DSL5CR for a while. However, I was disappointed because the sound was too dark, and the gain felt weak, so I sold it quickly.

Recently, I’ve been craving the Marshall sound again and am considering a suitable model. Are the 50th Anniversary models different from the newer DSL1CR made in Vietnam? If they sound better, I might be willing to buy one, even if it’s more expensive, because of its limited edition value.

I’ve looked at some chassis interior photos online and noticed that these models have one less vacuum tube than the Vietnamese DSL1CR, and the PCB size is also half as large. I’m unsure about their performance.

The JCM1 model is the most expensive and seems hard to find, so I’m considering either the JVM1 or the DSL1. Are the sounds of these two models significantly different from the Vietnamese DSL1CR? If so, which of the two would you recommend?

Biff Maloy

Reaction score
Hello,

I used to own a Jubilee Mini, which I sold, but I started missing it and tried a DSL5CR for a while. However, I was disappointed because the sound was too dark, and the gain felt weak, so I sold it quickly.

Recently, I’ve been craving the Marshall sound again and am considering a suitable model. Are the 50th Anniversary models different from the newer DSL1CR made in Vietnam? If they sound better, I might be willing to buy one, even if it’s more expensive, because of its limited edition value.

I’ve looked at some chassis interior photos online and noticed that these models have one less vacuum tube than the Vietnamese DSL1CR, and the PCB size is also half as large. I’m unsure about their performance.

The JCM1 model is the most expensive and seems hard to find, so I’m considering either the JVM1 or the DSL1. Are the sounds of these two models significantly different from the Vietnamese DSL1CR? If so, which of the two would you recommend?

I bought a DSL1HR when they came out. I liked it initially but ultimately the 50th sounded better. I wouldn't say the differences were significant in the ultra gain channel but more so in the classic gain channel. 50th had way more headroom in that channel with a fuller sound.

JVM1 on the gain side is a lot more liquid and compressed than the ultra channel on the DSL.

I think the 50th's are the better sounding amplifiers. It's up to you if you're willing to invest in one but the newer DSL1 is right there being produced so why not try it for the price of a pedal.

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello,

IIRC. it's the other way around. The DSL1HR has one less tube than the original 50th Anniversary version ( 3 as opposed to 4 on the 50th) The photos you were looking at could have been miss-labelled?
If I were you, I would try the DSL1CR first as they are readily available from retailers. You could always send it back if you don't like it.
I still have JTM1 & JMP1 combos as well as a JMP1 and JCM1 heads. I did have the 50th DSL1 head for awhile, but preferred the others, so it went in a deal I did for a 2061x head.

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey all. Trying to get back to some forum interaction. Haven’t posted in years and years before today. This was the first Internet forum I ever joined and it really fed my playing passion as a new player 12 years ago. I was wondering if anyone that bought any of the 1-watters back in the day still have them and love them or if you thought they were gimmicky and sold them? I still have all of them and they still get played daily 11 years later
Welcome back Darth. :welcome: