81' JMP 100 Watt MV?

• Thread starter truckdub
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

truckdub

Reaction score
I am perfectly happy with my DSL 50 but I have a line on a very clean and unmodded 81' JMP MV 100 watt head. Seller is asking $1200 for it. It has been for sale at that price for a few weeks. Just wondering what to offer or if $1200 is in the ball park. Definetly don't need this amp but it is on the "Grail" list for me. Any feedback from the JMP people here is appreciated.

Wycked Lester

Reaction score
i just bought an 82 2203 chery condish for 1000....thats about as cheap as i've seen one go,....

so I'd say 1200 ain't bad..... only thing is, the market is so shitty right now that ya may be able to get him down to 1000 - 1100. This 2203 was on my local CL for 1000 for 3 days and nobody snagged it up! THAT is how bad the market around here is.

Thing is,...the days of finding cherry old JMP's are getting fewer and further between,....better go for it.

truckdub

Reaction score
Lester...kind of thinking the same thing. This one has been posted the last 3 weeks off and on. Actually texted the guy about it last week but backed away. May just have to do it this time.

Fe911

Reaction score
I bought a 76, not so cherry condition for 700us. But original, but I really can't hear anything right now... Compared to a dsl, not as useful... But, I knew that...

WhineX

Reaction score
I bought my JMP 2204 from '79 for what I believe would be about 1000 USD and it is very far from mint condition. The tolex is ripped, corners are missing and it's very obvious that it has been on the road several years. (I like look of a an amp that's been used, so it's no a big issue for me)

I'd say try it out, and if it sounds good to your ears go for it.

tresmarshallz

Reaction score
bought my totally original 78 MV off ebay several years ago for around $900. $1,200 or more seems to be the default starting price that people list them at. If you are patient you should be able to get one for under a grand. If you really want that one then you will likely have to pay the price! Never hurts to off a grand and see what happens.