About power transformer and DSL40CR

papabear

Reaction score
Hello everybody.

So, I can get a good deal on a Marshall amp (DSL40CR) but it's 220v and my house is all 110v.
Could a power transformer work without creating any noise or problems? Asking cause I know how sound gear can be super sensitive to power input. Also, I could not find the power consumption of the DSL40CR so I can choose the appropriate transformer.

Thanks

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody.

So, I can get a good deal on a Marshall amp (DSL40CR) but it's 220v and my house is all 110v.
Could a power transformer work without creating any noise or problems? Asking cause I know how sound gear can be super sensitive to power input. Also, I could not find the power consumption of the DSL40CR so I can choose the appropriate transformer.

Thanks
:welcome: - I don't have that amp, so I could be wrong, but the amp power transformer leads can probably be configured for 110/120v.
I bought an amp from Ireland and had it converted from 240v to 120v power input by a local service tech.
AFAIK, it was just a matter of swapping around a few wires and changing fuses.

ampeq

Reaction score
Hello everybody.

Thanks
I would either call Marshall and ask if all you need to change or rewire is the transformer, if so that’s the way to go. You could also take and run a 220v tap out of your breaker box and install an outlet. The problem is you can only use that amp at home then. Unless someone is giving you the amp I would stay away from that one.

Welcome to the forum!

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum
I am the last one to give advice on this.
But my friends above me have given sound advice.
I do hope you get it sorted out buddy, they are great amps !!!
Cheers
Mitch

LiveeviL2000

Reaction score
A 220 to 110 voltage coverter should do the trick for you.

I believe there are a few on Amazon at different wattage outputs you could use.

Type the following in the search bar on Amazon. "SEYAS 500W Auto Step Up & Step Down Voltage"

That should give you an idea of what to get. Do your research first. Make sure the converter can handle wattage and as an added precaution, get one with a built in breaker.

I'd post a link, but I'm too new and dont have permission yet :facepalm:

I hope this helps.

Latest posts