About That Pop Noise On Dsl20

• Thread starter trovador
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

trovador

Reaction score
I've read on several threads about a popping noise when switching to the green channel of the DSL20. I've had the DSL20HR since March of last year and thought that I was lucky because I've never encountered that issue... until this past weekend when testing a delay pedal at low volumes. I said "oh, oh that's that popping sound people talk about in the forum." Then I raised the volume to my usual and the popping disappeared. The thing is that I always play the green channel in volumes 5 to cranked all the way and there's no popping sound.

So do other folks with this problem, is at all volumes or just a lower volumes?

I do love this amp and found a sweet balance between channels that I love. But like I said, I always play on 20w on my basement and never noticed anything.

Jon C

Reaction score
The popping sound might be some DCV leakage with the delay …… try a different power supply on the delay as a test ……

SkyMonkey

Reaction score
When I had the 20HR it popped, but at a fixed volume. As a bedroom only guitarist it was always audible at my settings. Cranked up volumes should drown out the pop, which is why you never noticed. Reverb was the effect that really accentuated it on my head. Glad it isn't a problem for you.

Armando

Reaction score
It can also be, since it has ever happened to me doing tests, a medium-large difference in volume between the red and green channels, and when you go from red to green (while something is sounded) it does that popping, but it note especially with the volumes not compensated high the red and low the green.

jchrisf

Reaction score
Mine popped louder when you turned up the volume. It was quiet a bit louder than the amp when it popped. I had nothing in the loop. Once I shut off and turned the amp back on the pop was gone.

Latest posts