Advice

• Thread starter DonaldBort
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DonaldBort

Reaction score
I have a slight dilemma and would like to query the masses to see what others would do.
My TSL 100 is out of commission and not worth putting the money in to bring it back to life....So I am in the market for a new head.

I came across a peavey 6505+ (1 year old) with a 6 month old marshall 1960 4x12 (w/75's) cab. the price is way to good to pass up and so good I don't even want to mention it on this forum.

Now the dilemma is when the TSL died I had my sights set on a JVM 210h.

I don't have the $$$$ for both the JVM and the 6505+ right now, however I do not need another cab. Marshall Cabs in my local area just aren't flying off the shelves as there are many out there and the 6505+ was not my first choice in a head, but I can make it work...

Thoughts and suggestions are appreciated... what would you do, go with the great deal that does not come around all that often, or spend the extra 500 bucks and get the JVM???????

Thanks in advance everyone

CaptainZero

Reaction score
JVM, but you may be able to buy this one, sell the cab (even if it's cheap), and come up with enough cash later to buy the JVM. Or, buy it and resell it for a profit if it's that good of a deal.

Redstone

Reaction score
Go for the JVM. They are great. Go for a 420h IF you can afford it.

JohnH

Reaction score
I bet you could get some $ for your TSL as is. eg I'd take it on as a project if the price was right (if it was near me though!) and i bet others would too.

i'd get that pV/1960 deal, but only if you think you could sell it for at least the same later, othewise, the JVM.

Micky

VIP Member
Reaction score
Really. How much to ship me the TSL?

DonaldBort

Reaction score
Okay this is the deal.... The 6505+ head and 1960b cab I can take home for 750.00.
I am looking at this as a business decision and not a sway in AMP loyalty.
I am sure I can sell this head for 750 itself and still have a new cab...

I would have offered up the TSL but a friend of mine locally took it already to play around with.

I agree with the JVM's versatility, this is what attracted me to it. Whereas the 6505+ is, in so many words a 2 note head.
However it's the price that has me considering it...and the 6505+ (if purchased) will only delay the purchase of the JVM and not take the place of.

Thanks for the responses

33KHD

Reaction score
I type faster than I think....that was supposed to be value!

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score