All new owners of AFD100's...welcome to the bright side (and welcome to the jungle)

• Thread starter tarznamps
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jorual

Reaction score
Re: All new owners of AFD100's...welcome to the bright side (and welcome to the jungl

Well.

I leave you here a demo recorded by me of my AFD 100.

4x12" Marshall with Greenbacks, Shure SM-57 mic direct to my PC with Cubase. I added a little Ping Pong Delay after recording and no proccess neither eq is added.

Enjoy it.

34# Mode first

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipMU2m3ziBU]YouTube - Demo modo 34#.mp4[/ame]

AFD Mode now

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_gNjVjFNro]YouTube - Demo Marshall AFD 100.mp4[/ame]

longfxukxnhair

Reaction score

george76

Reaction score
Re: All new owners of AFD100's...welcome to the bright side (and welcome to the jungl

Well.

I leave you here a demo recorded by me of my AFD 100.

4x12" Marshall with Greenbacks, Shure SM-57 mic direct to my PC with Cubase. I added a little Ping Pong Delay after recording and no proccess neither eq is added.

Enjoy it.

34# Mode first

YouTube - Demo modo 34#.mp4

AFD Mode now

YouTube - Demo Marshall AFD 100.mp4

:headbanger: enjoyed those. good to see some 5 o clock somewhere in there. love that album.

my only comments would be to sit further away from the mic, because you can hear the strumming on the recording.

and you need the hat of course...

stoof

Reaction score

Originally Posted by stoof
As we now have a single thread for this amp, here are 2 samples I ve quickly made this week end, to show what this amp can do

afd

Not a big fan of 34, but the AFD clips sounds good. I bet it's killer cranked

Attenuator was set at 12:00
It was still really f%%%&& loud !

Power: 5
Presence: 4
Bass: 6
Middle: 5
Treble: 6
Master: 8
Gain: 4

speakers: 4x12 Greenback
mic: sm57

tarznamps

Reaction score

Sounds good to me.

Put all info, questions, sound clips and pics of the AFD 100 here.

That will stop piss'n off that one guy who hates Slash.

:lol:

fortress

Reaction score

i still waiting for my afd!

I'm a little nervous, cuz the more its seems to be as bright as my old Splawn quickrod and i didnt like that. in fact, i sold the Quickrod to buy another Vintage Modern and its the best decision i did made.. Now, (with what i heard so far) that the afd sound more like the quickrod that your average marshall

slash07

Reaction score

I'm getting nervous too! If it sounds like a tinny crappy run of the mill amp, i might regret my purchase......I ordered in December, and am still waiting.......................
I love the tone on UYI album even more than that on the AFD.
BUT, the #34 (supposed to replicate the UYI tone) sounds thin, weak and unimpressive on the above clips.
And seems like people have been finding issues with it already to make things worse.
Am I the only one who feels this way?

matt3310

Reaction score

Dont worry about it guys... The AFD channel is worth everything on this amp!! Amazing tone!!! Ill prob never use #34 to be honest!!

jorual

Reaction score

Attenuator was set at 12:00
It was still really f%%%&& loud !

Power: 5
Presence: 4
Bass: 6
Middle: 5
Treble: 6
Master: 8
Gain: 4

speakers: 4x12 Greenback
mic: sm57

Congratulations.

Nice sounds.

6StringMoFo

Reaction score

I'm getting nervous too! If it sounds like a tinny crappy run of the mill amp, i might regret my purchase......I ordered in December, and am still waiting.......................
I love the tone on UYI album even more than that on the AFD.
BUT, the #34 (supposed to replicate the UYI tone) sounds thin, weak and unimpressive on the above clips.
And seems like people have been finding issues with it already to make things worse.
Am I the only one who feels this way?

Saul used a Jubilee for the UYI albums

jorual

Reaction score

:headbanger: enjoyed those. good to see some 5 o clock somewhere in there. love that album.

my only comments would be to sit further away from the mic, because you can hear the strumming on the recording.

and you need the hat of course...

:lol::lol::lol:

I got the Hat.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeMMm8CUabw]YouTube - Rockshow en el Hot Rod Cafe ( Sueca) concierto 26-2-2011[/ame]

You can see me here with my band :hmm:

I use 2 Speaker Cabinets with 4x12" Celestion V30.

stoof

Reaction score

Saul used a Jubilee for the UYI albums

No, he used the moded JCM 800 called #34

Everyone finds 34 very thin, and yes it is, but listen to the records... a thin sound cuts the mix more than a bassy sound.
Channel 34 on AFD100 really sounds like UYI, very clicking sounds that no other amp can reproduce.
AFD mode has more low end, sounds fater, this is why people prefer playing wiith it.
On a recording perspective, it is better to use 34 channel to record Slash stuff IMO.

kelv_w

Reaction score

#34 has more clarity and sounds good if you take some time to dial it in.

tarznamps

Reaction score

Yes, the #34 mode sounds just like #34 so don't get worried about all of us who mention "bright".

If you have a drummer with a kick, and a bass player with bass, you don't need more lows from a guitar to clutter the mix. Many guitar players don't realize that and that's why club gigs sound so bad.

stoof

Reaction score

Yes, the #34 mode sounds just like #34 so don't get worried about all of us who mention "bright".

If you have a drummer with a kick, and a bass player with bass, you don't need more lows from a guitar to clutter the mix. Many guitar players don't realize that and that's why club gigs sound so bad.

happy to read it for the 1st time on a forum :headbanger::headbanger::wave:

This is 100% right !!!!!!

Any sound engineerer would tell you the cut lows when editing guitar tracks in the studio.
Each instrument has to find his own place in the soundspace.
34 fits perfect in a band mix.

jorual

Reaction score

Yes, it is true. The Slash's Records sound very well and with many punch but if you have the oportunity to hear the guitar Alone it is middy and High always on eq. No bass because it is the bass who makes that sound.

fortress

Reaction score

I think my old Splawn QUIckord is more appetite sounding than the AFD100

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=funKOq5CR_E]YouTube - Blackoz Sweet child o mine Cover[/ame]

voodoo.child

Reaction score

i asked this in a different post but which outputs should i use on the afd100 to run 2 cabs. the modern marshal stereo 4x12 cabs at 8ohm or in mono 4ohm or 16ohm.