All new owners of AFD100's...welcome to the bright side (and welcome to the jungle)

• Thread starter tarznamps
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lespaulnmarshall

Reaction score
Re: All new owners of AFD100's...welcome to the bright side (and welcome to the jungl

I got a pretty good offer today. A guy wanted to trade his AFD100 with my JVM410H. I'm sure AFD's are good, but unfortunately it's not what I'm looking for. I already have an appointment to trade it for a limited edition (1997) 1987x. An AFD for a 410H would be a good deal though!

fortress

Reaction score
Re: All new owners of AFD100's...welcome to the bright side (and welcome to the jungl

Very good sound... Congrats.

Some more gain it would be perfect.

will be even better with the AFD 100 ;)

IM STILL WAITING DAMN IT

My dealer should got his last batch of afd by the end of week.. i hope.. hope

jsnbaxter

Reaction score

What's the recommendation on cabinets here? 1960ax or 1960AV I heard a couple different clips and the 1960ax sounded like it was more of a controlled sound than the av, but these are just clips so who can tell.

jorual

Reaction score

Jorual, I know you are using two cabs (BV and BX) which one do you like better at this point?

Unfortunatelly I can't tell you an exact answer.

The reason is because I only tested the BX at home and I couldn't give it to much volume.

With the Band I use the BV and it sounds really good. I have to try the BX at big Volume and compare on the same test with BV.

I will let you Know soon.:wave:

gtrman

Reaction score

What's the recommendation on cabinets here? 1960ax or 1960AV I heard a couple different clips and the 1960ax sounded like it was more of a controlled sound than the av, but these are just clips so who can tell.

I love how the greenbacks sound with the AFD even though Slash uses V30's.
I paired mine with a 1960AHW and absolutely love it.
Here's a clip I made yesterday:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgVUokT8kXc]YouTube - Marshall AFD Slash - EVH Frankenstein[/ame]

PuroMojo

Reaction score

Demo My AFD100 & my JCM800 #36:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeR4qmglf50&feature=channel_video_title]YouTube - AFD Tone(s) Marshalls AFD100 & JCM800 SIR #36[/ame]

transformerryan

Reaction score

Thanks for the comparison! You did a great job of playing consistently so that the different chords/notes/harmonics came through for both amps. Your 800 definitely sounds slightly gainier and a little more "in your face" than the afd, maybe brighter?
I love the afd sound though, takes away any doubt I was feeling about my preorder, now I just have to find someway to distract myself from this excruciatingly long wait...

PuroMojo

Reaction score

New samples:

Vintage 30 vs Classic Lead:

AFD100 -> Celestion Classic Leads -> SM57 on axis
MP3 Player SoundClick

AFD100 -> Celestion Vintage 30 -> SM57 on axis
MP3 Player SoundClick

JCM800#36 -> Celestion Classic Leads -> SM57 on axis
MP3 Player SoundClick

JCM800#36 -> Celestion Vintage 30 -> SM57 on axis
MP3 Player SoundClick

Amp settings all on 6, gain on 3 for SCOM intro.

Cassp0nk

Reaction score

Gblev

Reaction score

Sold my Haze today to one of Frankie's friends (thanks Frankie for the referral) and no sooner did I walk back into the house from helping him load it into his car, I got the call to come and get my AFD, it's in. The timing couldn't of been better. So I went and picked it up, but I can't check it out properly until my cab gets here next week. I bought one yesterday online used from GC, 1960AV for $449 + $50 for shipping. This anticipation never stops!

PuroMojo

Reaction score

Here are new speaker samples in video... these are not the same posted above, but very similar, mic was only further from grill cloth. In my opinion these sound better than previous:

AFD100:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oxV-idemTs]YouTube - Marshall AFD100 - Celestion Classic Lead 80s vs Vintage 30 speakers[/ame]

JCM #36:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Kg4ZunMz0]YouTube - JCM800 SIR mod #36 - Celestion Classic Lead 80s vs Vintage 30 speakers[/ame]

Gblev

Reaction score

I think I like V30's better, nice Job P.Mojo.

gtrman

Reaction score

Here are new speaker samples in video... these are not the same posted above, but very similar, mic was only further from grill cloth. In my opinion these sound better than previous:

Good job ... I haven't been able to try my AFD with a 4x12 V30 cab yet.
The cab is at another location ... I do have a good idea on how it will sound though.
Right now I'm all Greenbacks ... less Slash-alike but great tone !

fortress

Reaction score

Finally, i got the call but i will have to wait 2 more weeks until the amp come to my house. I did bought in the USA and i'm in Canada

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score

Finally, i got the call but i will have to wait 2 more weeks until the amp come to my house. I did bought in the USA and i'm in Canada

I got the call 4 weeks ago, but still waiting.

Rafał

Reaction score

I have to wait 4 days...(it's already in the shop where I will be checking it out [I have it reserved]).

BTW, hi.

slash07

Reaction score

DSC_0130-1.gif

Heres my little set up. :) I love the tone of the AFD100!!!

:rock: WOW what a room. Now, :cool2: That's something!

jorual

Reaction score

The Helmet came with the amps? ha ha ha

fortress

Reaction score

FINALLY i got the call yesterday. I'm from canada and i did buy it from a store in USA. I asked the dealer the test the amp for me to be sure no issue with it. They will ship the amp to me toworrom. The amp will be here next week.. I did order the amp late in january

roddy

Reaction score

Congrats Fortress!