All new owners of AFD100's...welcome to the bright side (and welcome to the jungle)

• Thread starter tarznamps
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nickc6

Reaction score
Re: All new owners of AFD100's...welcome to the bright side (and welcome to the jungl

Got mine last friday. Haven't had a chance to really throw down on it yet because of the neighbors but the band is playin on Sunday. The power scaling is sweet but I'm sure ill crank it to 100 for live situations just to get the cabs in on the deal too.

jupiter89

Reaction score
Re: All new owners of AFD100's...welcome to the bright side (and welcome to the jungl

Almost got screwed out of my AFD100 by my dealer ! Last week I lost my credit card and had to cancel it until one with a new number arrived. Well a few days ago I got a call saying "good news, your amp is ready to ship" ! I told the sales guy that I could not pay for it until my credit card arrived in a few days. Well I was told I had 48 hours to call in the new credit card, if not the amp would be sold to someone esle ! Are you kidding me - as a customer who has purchased other items in the past and waiting since September you are going to screw me out of my amp if I don't pay within 2 days ?!? Well luckily, the card arrived the day after the call. This will be the last sales purchase I make through this dealer. Anyway, Thursday March 17th St. Patrick's Day is when I get the amp ! I'll go with the black tolex as opposed to green thank you !

tarznamps

Reaction score

At least you got it. If you are a good customer they should trust you.

Let us know how you like it.

tarznamps

Reaction score

Anyone with an AFD100...

What happens when you have nothing in the FX loop
and you turn it on?

I am getting a big volume boost - any reason why this is happening?

The loop volume is on 10 (full on) but there is no connection to anything.

Cassp0nk

Reaction score

Anyone with an AFD100...

What happens when you have nothing in the FX loop
and you turn it on?

I am getting a big volume boost - any reason why this is happening?

The loop volume is on 10 (full on) but there is no connection to anything.

It gives a volume boost. This is by design so you can use it as a 'boost pedal' if the loop is empty.

JHall55

Reaction score

It gives the boost even if you have effects in the loop. There is a volume control for the effects loop on the back of the amp.

gtrman

Reaction score

Just got mine yesterday .. and I'm really, really ... really happy with it :)
Pure 80's vintage rock tone.
Yes the #34 is bright but a greenbacks cab might actually help as those cabs
are not as harsh as a V30 cab.
I will try mine with V30's when I get a chance though as well as a G12T-75 cab.

New amp - new cab and new guitar ... good times :hippie:

AFD.jpg

fortress

Reaction score

AFD.jpg

damn, im still waiting and waiting...

PuroMojo

Reaction score

Got mine yesterday March 23

puromojo-albums-amp-picture4643-memo0006b.jpg

jsnbaxter

Reaction score

I hate you guys! All showing off your fancy new amps while i'm still waiting for mine! Sounds like everyones thrilled with these amps! When do we get hear some clips from you guys? I'm waiting for someone to show off their november rain solo! EH?

JayCM800

Reaction score

AFD.jpg

I have to say, by looking at this picture and reading your signature tag:

YOU ROCK! :dude:

Nice gear, man! Enjoy!

jorual

Reaction score

i liked it at first but soon realized how thin they sound. Perfect for soloing but not for rythm..Alot of treble and it was almost if you had wahwah in the input!!

When i got the Vintage modern and played it side by side, it was a no brainer... THe VM kicked his ass. FAT CLASSIC TONE.ANother friend was with me(who his a phenomenal guitar player but play with a crappy practice amp) said to me the same thing, not knowing a damn thing about the 2 amps in front of him..

this is my new tone with the vm

YouTube - Blackoz Welcome to the jungle

Very good sound... Congrats.

Some more gain it would be perfect.

MrMiniMites

Reaction score

Really the AFD mode is what this amp is all about. Havent dialed#34 yet but briefly I cranked it in my condo and it sounded better than at low volume. Heading to my buddy's studio tomorrow where I can let loose. I'll keep you posted.

jorual

Reaction score

I got mine on 18th of January.

IMG_6610.jpg

IMG_6606.jpg

IMG_6607.jpg

And here is my other Amp Staff.

IMG_3585.jpg

bdwwashburn

Reaction score

Got a question on the EQ for this in regards to the modes.

When you switch modes, does the EQ setting stay the same, or is it stored somehow between the modes. I have seen this on other amps and wondered if it applies to this one. I figured I'd ask since I am still waiting for mine and don't know when it will be here...

Jak0lantern01

Reaction score

Anyone using a boost in front of their AFD100? If so, which one?

roddy

Reaction score

The EQ does not save per mode. You will need to manually set the EQ for each mode. FYI- On AFD you need more brightness and #34 will need less...

roddy

Reaction score

Jorual, I know you are using two cabs (BV and BX) which one do you like better at this point?

Latest posts