Always Hit Record

• Thread starter Tim Fezziwig
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
I've learned bands get lazy if you do not supply new tunes. I make sure that I have a back-log of 15 songs at ALL times. Way back in 2008- my second comeback blew up. The next day I broke out my JamMan and started recording while the pain was fresh. I kept a notebook handy ,writing down what Git, effect, progression........

2015- I get THE call. Tommy T, bassist, from 2007-2008 , was ALIVE!!!! I thought he was dead? When I last saw him our drummer was Oxy-ed out and he looked like a Zombie! Tommy, lives on borrowed time-VERY SICK----

We found a new drummer at the carwash. We are still going strong. We have a 17 song set-list. Today I busted out the loops. I have at least 45 songs on those memory cards. Tomorrow I'm going to our practice. I will act dejected, "Sorry guys, FEZZ has run dry......then I will start playing new song after new song...........ALWAYS HIT RECORD=a million songs out there.

4Horseman

Reaction score
I hear you, Fez. I've got a filled up jam man too. I like when you listen back and hear it going in a direction you didn't notice while playing. Kids have it sooo easy these days, I don't think they even realize. Sad.

BlackSG91

Reaction score
You're a trooper FUZZGOD! At least you keep active and know how to figure things out. Like the previous member has said...kids have it way too easy these days. I remember when I used to listen to Metallica...on 8-track!!!

;>)/

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
I'm going to bring JamMan and tell the guys to play along to this MADNESS..............should be pretty funny.

BlackSG91

Reaction score
I'm going to bring JamMan and tell the guys to play along to this MADNESS..............should be pretty funny.

That was awesome as always...FUZZGOD!!! You're sloppy shreding of Eddie brought tears to my eyes. You collection of tone pedals sure does give you the edge. Rock on...FUZZGOD!

;>)/

tubes

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is not exciting me tonight Fezz.

I don't feel good and happy if we're going to talk about "I'm too tired to play a guitar".

You know I loves you - as much as some guy on the nets can appreciate another guy on the nets.

You know that I expect that some of your most natural and spectacular skills are as a dramatist, a guy that makes drama, a creator of theatrical experiences.

I have been lead to this way of thinking about you by your own way of speaking.

Darn, now it's late and I'm tired.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
This is not exciting me tonight Fezz.

I don't feel good and happy if we're going to talk about "I'm too tired to play a guitar".

You know I loves you - as much as some guy on the nets can appreciate another guy on the nets.

You know that I expect that some of your most natural and spectacular skills are as a dramatist, a guy that makes drama, a creator of theatrical experiences.

I have been lead to this way of thinking about you by your own way of speaking.

Darn, now it's late and I'm tired.
t,This was YEARS ago....now I'm NEVER tired. This vid was shot several days after a BREAKDOWN!!!!!! I was under "doctor's order" to not get excited- he tried "dosing" me with vast amounts of Lexapro..............not a good idea! I came close to driving my Lumina into a brick wall. May 2011 was BAD news. Now= I have short hair-------------no ANYTHING in my blood-screw THE MAN/BIG PHARMA.....I'm 100% sane and kicking major ACE....here is the proof from my last gig in April.

BlackSG91

Reaction score
t,This was YEARS ago....now I'm NEVER tired. This vid was shot several days after a BREAKDOWN!!!!!! I was under "doctor's order" to not get excited- he tried "dosing" me with vast amounts of Lexapro..............not a good idea! I came close to driving my Lumina into a brick wall. May 2011 was BAD news. Now= I have short hair-------------no ANYTHING in my blood-screw THE MAN/BIG PHARMA.....I'm 100% sane and kicking major ACE....here is the proof from my last gig in April.

That was some pretty tight playing there...FUZZGOD!!!:hbang: You remind me of Art Bergmann from the Young Canadians. You put on a pretty good show my friend!

;>)/

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
:) Ha ha I like it, clip demos coming from looper pedal. Fezz thinking outside the box again.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
That was some pretty tight playing there...FUZZGOD!!!:hbang: You remind me of Art Bergmann from the Young Canadians. You put on a pretty good show my friend!

;>)/

Black ,that band does have our vibe,nothing like a power-trio.
:) Ha ha I like it, clip demos coming from looper pedal. Fezz thinking outside the box again.
A, I had a blast shooting "shoot interviews" . I would hype-up and tell Mrs. Fezz to SHOOT NOW! I'm going to be shooting some more vids soon. I like to take things slowly-2016 =flooded with "PRODUCT"-that is very counter-productive. Mystique dies when saturation occurs. Here is one of my favorite loops=They Died with Buttercups in Their Mouths- with my unique Buttercup tuning-starts at 5 minute mark.

tubes

Reaction score

Cheers Fezz.

I'm happy to hear that you still have energy.

(Tiredness is always on my mind lately.)

I thought that was a surprisingly good sound in that recording. The bass sound reminded me of old times. I would say there is something English about it.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Cheers Fezz.

I'm happy to hear that you still have energy.

(Tiredness is always on my mind lately.)

I thought that was a surprisingly good sound in that recording. The bass sound reminded me of old times. I would say there is something English about it.
t, glad you approve,yes, tired is not an option- I never acknowledge fatigue. 2011 I was"toying" with my psyche. I was running on fumes and attempting to not sleep - I thought I could "open" some "door." Did not work. I now eat tons of fruits and sleep 6 hours nightly=endles ART.The sound really surprised me. I was straight into my $300 SS Fender Champ-setting '90's METAL and 'verb set on 4, Tommy was running Bass through a Genz. I could not hear my guitar....I rarely can onstage. We want to sound like the bastard son of Hawkwind and T Rex- I think we achieve this.

BlackSG91

Reaction score
t, glad you approve,yes, tired is not an option- I never acknowledge fatigue. 2011 I was"toying" with my psyche. I was running on fumes and attempting to not sleep - I thought I could "open" some "door." Did not work. I now eat tons of fruits and sleep 6 hours nightly=endles ART.The sound really surprised me. I was straight into my $300 SS Fender Champ-setting '90's METAL and 'verb set on 4, Tommy was running Bass through a Genz. I could not hear my guitar....I rarely can onstage. We want to sound like the bastard son of Hawkwind and T Rex- I think we achieve this.

Do you want to know something FUZZGOD? I think strange sensations are coming over you...It's something you can't explain. Suddenly there is an endless void where you used to keep your brain. I think your friends are getting worried...they don't even know you anymore. You smash your head up against the wall...and you don't even know what for!!!

And since you are into Hawkwind like me, here's one of my favourite sung by Lemmy.:dude:

;>)/

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Hawkwind are badass. I like their "rough" Prog. I'm incorporating my love of 'Wind+early Floyd+Yes.....into our sound. I just wrote a tune called Cicada Sam, which "nods" to Lucifer Sam.It is a Tele song with an Octave pedal. I sing it in very "English" manner= Cicada Soooooooommm, lives underground.......Cicada Sooooommm.... I love minor chords.

BlackSG91

Reaction score
I think Hawkwind is like a mixture of Pink Sabbath & Black Floyd all in one. They are one of the most underrated bands of the decades. They always thought outside the box musically and philosophically. They were a band with attitude and drive...that's for sure!

;>)/

tubes

Reaction score

Cheers Fezz,

I did wonder what that little amp was that you were plugged into.

(I know that "Little" doesn't mean "Lacking".)

Personally I think about fatigue lately because I take mediation that makes me tired.
The medication is to keep rheumatoid arthritis away. And it works well at doing that. My joints remain in good condition - but the drug makes me tired.

Like you, I don't readily agree to acknowledge fatigue - especially if I'm doing something that interests me.
But I do frequently note, around here, that it's late and I'm tired.
__

I always get blasts from the past around here: for e.g.: before tonight I had not thought about Hawkwind for a long time.

__

"I could not hear my guitar....I rarely can onstage..."

I'm thinking that you should probably do something about that.

I'm no expert in stage rigs... but it seems to me that - with a bit of planning - people should be able to hear themselves.

I worry about this because we have inexperienced singers here. It won't sound good at all if they can't hear themselves.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Tubes, I'm going to buy a new Roland and run an AB box ,then I will hear it. I like to BLARE my amp. That Fender is 100 watt-in practice it is "dimed". We practice at my bassist's townhome,people shudder when they see me=OH NO! FUZZ IS HERE! I'm 50, luckily my joints feel good. You must take your meds,there is always a trade-off. I do get tired-I work a 70 hour week! I'm a "social worker", that means I must never tire. I just shrug it off, I'll rest when they cremate me.

tubes

Reaction score
Tubes, I'm going to buy a new Roland and run an AB box ,then I will hear it. I like to BLARE my amp. That Fender is 100 watt-in practice it is "dimed". We practice at my bassist's townhome,people shudder when they see me=OH NO! FUZZ IS HERE! I'm 50, luckily my joints feel good. You must take your meds,there is always a trade-off. I do get tired-I work a 70 hour week! I'm a "social worker", that means I must never tire. I just shrug it off, I'll rest when they cremate me.

I couldn't listen to the amp demo Fezz.

I would rather listen to you playing something in your home to demo some P90 hybrids - that don't even appeal to me very much - than listen to any salesman selling an amp.

You can see what's happening here: it's good to get to know a person, never mind the sales hype.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
I couldn't listen to the amp demo Fezz.

I would rather listen to you playing something in your home to demo some P90 hybrids - that don't even appeal to me very much - than listen to any salesman selling an amp.

You can see what's happening here: it's good to get to know a person, never mind the sales hype.
Very true t, i tried one out. Real nice tube tone. I'm not lugging tube amps anymore. i have two silvertones for home use. Tubes do not like the Philly weather.

tubes

Reaction score
From me to you Fezz.

There For You:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hi3nqjftkgoborg/there for you.mp3?dl=0

This kind of thing is what's on my mind lately.

I expect that you and I are in different worlds. But we probably shouldn't pay too much attention to that.

Heck, I often suppose that I attached myself to the wrong forum at the outset - because we don't frequently hear people asking questions such as "what is the best way to attenuate your Marshall in order to fit in well with a melodica and numerous inexperienced singers?"

Meanwhile I'm quietly confident about how well I'll be fitting in with a trombone.
It may not be this year, or even next year, that we play close harmonies together - but I'm full of hope that it will happen eventually.

Latest posts