Amp and cab for Malmsteen tone

Deamfrost

Reaction score
Hello, I already have the guitar, I'm looking for the best way to have the sound of malmsteen in a reasonable budget, 1000 euros.
In 2024 there are so many choices: Axe FX, simulator apps, amp heads connected to cab simulators.
I've heard that Malmsteen makes his sound with a clean amp and by adding pedals.

In this video you can see a guitar setup with a great malmsteen sound, Pedal + amp + cab simulation

For example, Marshall Studio Vintage SV20H with a Torpedo Captor X and adding a few pedals will work fine? Some people say that you need more tubes than a 20w to get a good sound, so I don't know if it's worth it.
Second-hand is available at 1000 for the whole thing, do you know of any other setup in this budget? Thanks

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
Hello, I already have the guitar, I'm looking for the best way to have the sound of malmsteen in a reasonable budget, 1000 euros.
In 2024 there are so many choices: Axe FX, simulator apps, amp heads connected to cab simulators.
I've heard that Malmsteen makes his sound with a clean amp and by adding pedals.

In this video you can see a guitar setup with a great malmsteen sound, Pedal + amp + cab simulation

For example, Marshall Studio Vintage SV20H with a Torpedo Captor X and adding a few pedals will work fine? Some people say that you need more tubes than a 20w to get a good sound, so I don't know if it's worth it.
Second-hand is available at 1000 for the whole thing, do you know of any other setup in this budget? Thanks

He uses a plexi and G12T75 speakers, get an SV20H and a 1936 cab and the captorx. Crank it and you should get his tone.

PentodeLicious

Reaction score

All you need to know...

Basically, Plexi, 4x12 with G12-T75 and a DOD 250 pedal.

so on the cheap will be SVH20 + 1960A + overdrive pedal of some sort

Latest posts