Amp still makes sound even after turning master volume down to zero on VALVESTATE VS232

rubix696

Reaction score
Im using a Marshall VALVESTATE VS232 and im pretty sure it didnt make noise after turning the main chanell volume knob down to zero, but I noticed recently that it started producing sounds after turning the volume down to zero. Some posts said that its normal that it works like that but im not completely sure so i decided to ask. Thanks in advance for answering.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
:welcome:to the forum...

It's pretty normal... nothing to worry about.

In theory, it should cut it off when turned all the way down, but, the pot isn't perfect & for some reason doesn't go all the way down. If it's loud, then you might have a problem, but, if it's just a faint sound, I wouldn't worry about it...

:cheers:

2L man

Reaction score
If pre amp volume and guitar volume are turned up the pre amp still amplify signal and use power and obviously this effect stages after the MV thru operative voltage fluctuating? Or mechanism is EMI (electromagnetic interference)?

Manco

Reaction score
Hey there. Same issue here with my recently bought '94 valvestare s80 8240. With all potentiometers down, it makes a buzz/hum. When the master volumen goes up, the hum/buzz dissappear.
Is this normal?

I tried moving all potentiometer when de MV is at 0, and nothing changes

Latest posts