Are Guitar Tube Amps Still Relevant video.

• Thread starter TonalEuphoria
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TonalEuphoria

Reaction score
Now this video could be like putting an open barrel of gasoline in front of a bunch of drunken anarchist pyromaniacs and ask them to not set it on fire. And I really had to question whether to post it or not. But there are so many great players and influencers saying it so well in it. I value both tube amps and modelers. Modelers are very convenient and really do sound great recorded. But there not real tube amps. And the video really does explain why. I agree with pretty much all of it. But I'm not going to argue with anyone on it. I'll leave it to those who choose to. To each there own to me. I just wanted to share what it, because it's simply a good video with a bunch of good opinions on the subject for those of us that love tube amps and those players out there who haven't played anything but modelers yet.

iu

Geeze

Reaction score
I take great exception to your statement -
drunken anarchist pyromaniacs
I'm sober!

Modelers will get there and I wonder if they'll have a fake glowing tube set much like when the fake Ficus trees came out in the 80's. For those of you not familiar with the Ficus and it's propensity to drop leaves when annoyed the faux tree mfgs would put in a few yellow leaves in the box to drop on the floor under the fake miffed Ficus.

Russ

nortiks

Reaction score
I'm for AND instead of OR.

That said, I get the most mileage out of a hybrid setup of real tube amp into reactive load box into IR into whatever monitoring and FOH.

But there are amps like a Diezel Herbert that I like its sound and use it every so often, but I'm never going to buy one and the sim is not that bad, though certainly not the real thing.

BTW, the sims in the Ox Box are the same DSP as the PA native amp sims and all DSP is by Igor Nembrini.

TonalEuphoria

Reaction score
Marshall will be a household brand name for home appliances by 2030.

I'd love a Marshall TV I could connect with wirelessly, that runs 30 watts off EL34 tubes that I could not only jam along with YT videos, but is a high end tube stereo amplifier too giving awesome sound quality to videos and movies. :D

Make it happen Marshall.

Latest posts