• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

are mojotone speakers any good?

Giovanni

Reaction score
Ive been looking into getting celestion v30's for my 4x12 cabinet. But i figured it wouldn't kill me to do research and see if there are any viable alternatives. Mojotones bv30's don't sound too bad and they are a bit more affordable. has anybody on here had any experience with mojotone speakers in general? do they check out?

Smedley Smorganoff

Reaction score
I love Mojotone speakers - I used to use Celestions but tried out the Mojos about 10 years ago and never went back. I have 2 of their Greenback G12M copies and 2 of the G12H30 copies crisscrossed in a 4x12. They slay with my 50 watt Orange head.

I also just got an old “Black Beauty” speaker they used to make in the 90’s - it may be up there as one of my favorite speakers now. It’s got the warmth and bloom of a vintage Jensen C12N, the touch-response and clarity of a Celestion Blue (same cone), and the high sensitivity and power handling of a JBL/EVM. A killer best-of-most-worlds speaker for a 1x12 combo. I’m trying to hunt down 2 more to put into a Twin Reverb.

I have played the BV30V in a combo amp I was borrowing and it’s also fantastic. It’s the most modern sounding speaker they offer - but it also has a bit of that full lower-mids American sound to it too. I would take it over a Vintage 30 any day.

Latest posts