Are You A Left Lane Driver?

• Thread starter crossroadsnyc
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
Ha! See, CA actually had the best / most polite drivers I've experienced in the continental United States … the roads were definitely congested w/a lot of traffic, but I've never had so much elbow room in my life. Everyone leaves a space of about 7 car lengths in front and behind. It was absolute bliss.

Oh wow, where were at in Cali? That very well may be the difference. I was stationed at Moffit Air Field, Onizuka AB in the heart of Silicon Valley, San Josa, CA in the mid 90s and what a shit hole that was. Worst roads and worst drivers I've ever seen. besides Korea, lol.

el_bastardo

Reaction score
And...like I said you, are still posting....still:rofl: For Christ sakes!!!!
Um yeah, and so are you. You're very observant. Gold star for you!

What are you trying to say anyway? Your communication skills are sub par. I assume you're trying to make some kind of joke?

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Oh wow, where were at in Cali? That very well may be the difference. I was stationed at Moffit Air Field, Onizuka AB in the heart of Silicon Valley, San Josa, CA in the mid 90s and what a shit hole that was. Worst roads and worst drivers I've ever seen. besides Korea, lol.

We drove into CA via I-80, and drove across into San Francisco, and then south all the way to Los Angeles (which was the best driving region of the state that we experienced). Yes, the drivers were a bit more aggressive in the north, so I should have clarified that a bit (but it was still a pleasant drive w/very few exceptions … mostly out of state drivers).

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
I go 8 mph over the speed limit with my cruse on in the left lane. The people in the right lane are going the speed limit or slower thus I am always passing becuase the traffic is congested every where so I am not breaking the law I am continualy passing. If I get in the right lane all the jerks going way over wont let you back over. The guy wanting to 100+ in a 80 is the law breaker and I refuse to condone that and get a broken windshiel.

I guess high speed lane changes, following 6 feet off a bumper at 70mph, and going 15-20mph over the speed limit isn't illegal. Okay. Thanks for helping me understand that. :D

Yeah I get it when I'm being trolled but this is a serious issue in this country. 1.3 million dead a year on the roads due to stupid $h!t you guys think is funny.

MarshallDog

Reaction score
Um yeah, and so are you. You're very observant. Gold star for you!

What are you trying to say anyway? Your communication skills are sub par. I assume you're trying to make some kind of joke?

Riddle me this el_bastardo...?????

Well, I apologize my "communications skills are sub par", I am in the plate room right now (getting a pump and sticking a needle in my ass) while typing in between sets on my iphone.

Love you man, you are the best!!!

el_bastardo

Reaction score
Lol, seriously, no need to fight in this thread … I started it half serious / half joking. Still, it's turned into a hilarious conversation to come back to!
Lol. I really don't care how anyone drives. Fast, slow, whatever. I get to where I wanna go and carry on with my life. But when sociopath lunkheads that don't have two brain cells to rub together come in with grand fairytales about dragging people out of cars in roid rage fueled road rage meltdowns, and then keep talking about people shooting each other, then they just have to be made fun of.

el_bastardo

Reaction score
Riddle me this el_bastardo...?????

Well, I apologize my "communications skills are sub par", I am in the plate room right now (getting a pump and sticking a needle in my ass) while typing in between sets on my iphone.

Love you man, you are the best!!!

Goddamn it you neanderthal, you didn't even provide a riddle. When you start a post with "riddle me this", it's customary to provide a riddle. But you didn't. You just went on to something else. I swear, talking to you is like talking to a bowl of jello. :blah::flex:

MarshallDog

Reaction score
Lol. I really don't care how anyone drives. Fast, slow, whatever. I get to where I wanna go and carry on with my life. But when sociopath lunkheads that don't have two brain cells to rub together come in with grand fairytales about dragging people out of cars in roid rage fueled road rage meltdowns, and then keep talking about people shooting each other, then they just have to be made fun of.

Well now be nice now, maybe I'll be driving along in TX someday (fairytales)....hmmmm!!!!

el_bastardo

Reaction score
Well now be nice now, maybe I'll be driving along in TX someday (fairytales)....hmmmm!!!!
Well Texas is a big place. If you're ever going to be in the west Houston area, let me know. I know a kick ass BBQ place we can go to and arm wrestle or something.

MarshallDog

Reaction score
Goddamn it you neanderthal, you didn't even provide a riddle. When you start a post with "riddle me this", it's customary to provide a riddle. But you didn't. You just went on to something else. I swear, talking to you is like talking to a bowl of jello. :blah::flex:

And thats what I thought you would say...I am laughing so hard right now, holy shit Joker!!!

MarshallDog

Reaction score
Well Texas is a big place. If you're ever going to be in the west Houston area, let me know. I know a kick ass BBQ place we can go to and arm wrestle or something.

Are the ribs good and the beer cold???? If so, I'll buy!!!

el_bastardo

Reaction score
Are the ribs good and the beer cold???? If so, I'll buy!!!
Yes and yes. Beef ribs too. Texas is a beef state. We do pork ribs over here of course, but beef is king. You know that giant slab of ribs that topples Fred Flintstones car over in the opening credits of the Flintstones? They're like that. Perfect protein for a guy like you that skips leg day.

el_bastardo

Reaction score
Oh come on, I'm not what you think...seriously, are the ribs good and the beer cold???? If so, I'll buy and we can hug or do a chest bump and I'll work on my legs more!!!
Lol. Of course the ribs are good and the beer is cold. This is fucking Texas, bromigo. We feed our dogs better BBQ than most people eat on their best day.

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
You have to choose a side. Unfortunately there are only two sides. One side is uncontrollable rage and fury at the very idea that someone else may be driving on the road at the same time as you. The other side is just going on about your business like a well-adjusted mentally stable adult person.

I don't have to choose a sides, I'm done choosing sides. I know who my friends are, sometimes my friends aren't friends with each other, but that's ok. MD and I are friends from waaaay back.

Last edited:

MarshallDog

Reaction score
Lol. Of course the ribs are good and the beer is cold. This is fucking Texas, bromigo. We feed our dogs better BBQ than most people eat on their best day.

In that case, Im in! Next time Im in Houston, I'll PM you and we can meet up, eat, drink and laugh and raise some guitar hell!