AVT150x - Help with resistor codes!

MattLopes

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm kinda desperate here. My AVT150x burnt during a gig last week and it blew three resistors. I'm Brazilian, and a new board will cost me multiple salaries—it's really insane.

The resistors are R13, R7, and R9.

I searched all over the internet to find the schematics for it, but apparently it uses a different board (why??)

The board I need is attached here in the thread and named "THE BOARD I NEED".

Note that the board is "AVT 100x-62-00" and NOT "AVT 100x-62-02." I did find the schematics for the second one, but it's different, and I can't find the "62-00" anywhere.

I tried to zoom in on this photo to see if I could spot the resistor colors, but the image doesn't have enough resolution.

I'm wondering if anyone has a close-up photo so I can see the resistors clearly. Or if you have the schematics for AVT 100x-62-00, I would be very grateful.

Sending some pics of my poor board, lol:

Attachments

• marshall modelo da placa oficial.jpg
    marshall modelo da placa oficial.jpg
    408.7 KB · Views: 9
  • amp foto.jpg
    amp foto.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 8
  • marshall modelo.jpg
    marshall modelo.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 9
  • marshall placa 2.jpg
    marshall placa 2.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 7
  • marshall placa 3.jpg
    marshall placa 3.jpg
    365.7 KB · Views: 7
  • marshall placa.jpg
    marshall placa.jpg
    312.1 KB · Views: 8
  • THE BOARD I NEED.jpg
    THE BOARD I NEED.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 9

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’re probably get better responses if you post this in the “Workbench” section.

PelliX

Reaction score
I remember this. Yours has an AVT275 output board labeled as an AVT100, right? I've looked at a schematic which is 'shared' between the AVT150 and 275 (and partially with the 50, too). Note that this does, indeed, refer to the 02 revision.

As per that schematic:

R13 10K
R7 5K8
R9 6K8

Apparently all 1/8W, though I'd sub for 1/4 without blinking an eye. However, replacing those resistors isn't going to cure the fault. By the looks of how they burned up, way too much current passed through them and that has a cause. Is there any backstory to share here, like having plugged in some additional gear, or anything else noteworthy? Before setting out to even order parts, you need to identify the cause of the fault, else you'll likely just fry a few more resistors...