Blues Band Tracks From 15 Years Ago

• Thread starter 10kDA
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

10kDA

Reaction score
Some songs from a blues + other band I was with about 15 years ago. Before and since, I always work with great singers, and I prefer working with female vocalists. The lineup was Vocalist - Guitarist (me) - Keyboardist - Bassist - Grammy-winning Drummer (but he didn't win it with us LOL)

I've Got Everything - this was written for our singer by a guy who led a swing/jump blues band out of the CO Springs area, or so the story went.

Sad Cafe

Chain Of Fools - Live, this one was always a jam that stretched out way more than the recording.

Last edited:

JParry335

Reaction score
Some songs from a blues + other band I was with about 15 years ago. Before and since, I always work with great singers, and I prefer working with female vocalists. The lineup was Vocalist - Guitarist (me) - Keyboardist - Bassist - Grammy-winning Drummer (but he didn't win it with us LOL)

I've Got Everything - this was written for our singer by a guy who led a swing/jump blues band out of the CO Springs area, or so the story went.

Sad Cafe

Chain Of Fools - Live, this one was always a jam that stretched out way more than the recording.

This is great stuff! I love hearing postings from working musicians regardless of the time frame. I think it’s great when others are out there doing it in the real world.
Thanks for sharing these with us!

tubes

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sad Cafe

Those recordings... crisp, clear, disciplined.

Chain of fools... I love that sort of rhythm playing and guitar tone in the background.
It might be a lost art these days. Call me old fashioned but I like it.

10kDA

Reaction score
This is great stuff! I love hearing postings from working musicians regardless of the time frame. I think it’s great when others are out there doing it in the real world.
Thanks for sharing these with us!
Thanks, glad you liked them.

10kDA

Reaction score
Those recordings... crisp, clear, disciplined.

Chain of fools... I love that sort of rhythm playing and guitar tone in the background.
It might be a lost art these days. Call me old fashioned but I like it.
Thanks! One thing that really stuck with me that I learned from my musical mentor, a rhythm player - he said he often approached certain songs in a way that you couldn't really tell what he was playing, or even IF he was playing, unless he STOPPED playing. In other words, find something to play that complements what everyone else is playing but never double what they are doing - unless it's appropriate - and it doesn't have to be right out front.