Bogner Über-Ultra EL34

• Thread starter Simon Dorn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Simon Dorn

Reaction score
I made another clip...:

Bogner Uber Ultra EL34 - Ultra Mode vs Boosted 2203​

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I made another clip...:

Bogner Uber Ultra EL34 - Ultra Mode vs Boosted 2203​

The Bogner straight in is mean as shit. Barbaric even.

Still like the Marshall too though. 2 different flavors. Both sound great.

Simon Dorn

Reaction score

Yes it is.
But i cranked the gain on the DAE into the Marshall today and almost got a sti**y. :D
When the sound gets you, you know?

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes it is.
But i cranked the gain on the DAE into the Marshall today and almost got a sti**y. :D
When the sound gets you, you know?
:lol:

Yah the Marshall has that voicing I love. It's a vocal meanness that grabs your attention. No slouch for sure. I'm trying not to be biased against the Bogner.lol

I think it boils down to what, "flavor of mean", you want for a particular song/performance.

Simon Dorn

Reaction score

What do you think of this clip, compared to the Bogner Solo-Parts from my first clip?

Simon Dorn

Reaction score
:lol:

Yah the Marshall has that voicing I love. It's a vocal meanness that grabs your attention. No slouch for sure. I'm trying not to be biased against the Bogner.lol

I think it boils down to what, "flavor of mean", you want for a particular song/performance.
:agreed:I think my flavor of mean is Marshall. :D

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you think of this clip, compared to the Bogner Solo-Parts from my first clip?

The heavy is definitely shifted in the mids. Clear, thick, meaty and mean. Vocal too. So it's got more than just that gutteral appeal going for it. I would almost say a more musical or appealing brute! This was a killer clip.

The 2 amps definitely sound different here. Great offerings by both. Especially for what you are playing. Bad ass riffage!

Simon Dorn

Reaction score
The heavy is definitely shifted in the mids. Clear, thick, meaty and mean. Vocal too. So it's got more than just that gutteral appeal going for it. I would almost say a more musical or appealing brute! This was a killer clip.

The 2 amps definitely sound different here. Great offerings by both. Especially for what you are playing. Bad ass riffage!
Thanks! What do you mean with "the heavy"?

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks! What do you mean with "the heavy"?
The way it holds together being down tuned & saturated playing lower frequencies. Really digging the boosted 800 there. The tone grabs my ears.

Also the playing is heavy too. Aggressive riffing along with the tuning. It's What I call "heavy chit" man(makes me want to go gym). Pump some iron!

Simon Dorn

Reaction score
The way it holds together being down tuned & saturated playing lower frequencies. Really digging the boosted 800 there. The tone grabs my ears.

Also the playing is heavy too. Aggressive riffing along with the tuning. It's What I call "heavy chit" man(makes me want to go gym). Pump some iron!
Ok, i get it. I'm actually going for the most brutal, but still musical sound. :D
Thanks ;)