Boss 2x12 cabinets

• Thread starter chromeboy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

chromeboy

Reaction score
I have a boss katana mk2 head and am currently running it through 2 Hughes and kettner 1x12 cabs. It sounds good but I've always felt it's better to run heads with the cabs they were made for. So my question is which boss cab is better, the standard boss 2x12 or the boss waza craft 2x12?
Anyone have any experience with either of these two cabs?

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a boss katana mk2 head and am currently running it through 2 Hughes and kettner 1x12 cabs. It sounds good but I've always felt it's better to run heads with the cabs they were made for. So my question is which boss cab is better, the standard boss 2x12 or the boss waza craft 2x12?
Anyone have any experience with either of these two cabs?
I had the 100H MkII & standard Katana 212.
The cab is MDF - not particle board, more like thick cardboard.
Sounded good with the amp & speaker sims from the Boss head, but other speakers in the cab with other amps sounded dull and lifeless.
I no longer have either, and no experience with the Waza stuff.
(I still have the 2 Boss 12" Katana speakers if anyone is interested...)

resumil

Reaction score
I know this thread is several months old, but in case someone is searching for this info...

-The Katana MkII Head is rated for an 8-ohm minimal load. For this amp an 8-ohm cab like the Katana 2x12 cab is ideal.

-The Waza speaker cab OTOH is a 16-ohm load designed as a perfect companion to the Katana Artist Head MkII. I'd be an inefficient match for the regular "non-Artist" Katana Head (less volume/more distortion).

Last edited:

TheKman76

Reaction score
I'd be an inefficient match for the regular "non-Artist" Katana Head (less volume/more distortion).
While it would be less effective (less power/volume) I don't see how you'd get more distortion.

In practice I have a 16 Ohm Celestion V-type in a Katana MkII head custom combo and it's plenty loud and sounds superb.

Latest posts