Boss GT1 and the effects loops

• Thread starter dkaluh01
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dkaluh01

Reaction score
Hi all,

New here, but I'm lost and need to turn to the experts.

I'm running a BOSS GT1 into the effects loop RETURN on an ORIGIN 50 head.
It sounds amazing! The footswitch for fx loop is activated, however, when I turn off the fx loop via the footswitch I get nothing..
I was hoping to achieve a setup like I had 2 channels, 1 clean, 1 dirty. With the fx loop off at the footswitch I was expecting a clean tone through the head, then activating the fx loop via the footswitch would give me dirty.
Any suggestions on how to connect everything to make that happen? Is it even possible?
Thanks
Dave

speyfly

Reaction score
If I have read your post correctly, you get no sound when the effects button on the pedal is not illuminated. If this is correct try using a different pedal to see if the problem is with your EQ.

And yes, EQ the loop, it is amazing with the Origin.

speyfly

Reaction score
OK, now that I'm home and having re-read your question, if you're connection to the loop with only one cable you're not completing the circuit, takes two cables to use the fx.

BTW, welcome!

TheKman76

Reaction score
I don't think there's an ideal way to do what you want with the GT1. Four cable method required that the GT1 has it's own effects loop, so here are the options:

a) Use the GT1 as your pre-amp as you're doing now.
b) Place the GT1 in the effects loop, plug straight into the front of the Origin 50.

Option a) means the Origin pre-amp never gets used...not how I'd do it.
Option b) means you can't eliminate the Origin pre-amp from your sound... this would be my preference, but it has it's own limitations because the EQ is happening before the GT1.

With additional gear like a splitter this can be made to work.

Latest posts