• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Bought used JVM215c

ScreamingStrat

Reaction score
I found it on Guitar Center, paid half of what a new one goes for. Will arrive on Monday. I got all excited when I saw it listed and didn't do what an intelligent buyer would do....ask question. When I saw it was listed as excellent condition, I just pulled the trigger. I don't even know if it has the foot switch included. Which I'm discovering are hard to find, geez hope it comes with it. I don't know what year it was made either but now know where to look on serial number to find that out. Still I have a good feeling about it, think everything will work out fine. Plus I got 45 days to decide if I want to keep it. To show you what an impulsive buy it was I've never even played through a high end Marshall before...been a full blown Fender guy. So tell me, JVM's are fricking killer ...right. Don't pull any punches, call me impulsive nut job if it fits.

tce63

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found it on Guitar Center, paid half of what a new one goes for. Will arrive on Monday. I got all excited when I saw it listed and didn't do what an intelligent buyer would do....ask question. When I saw it was listed as excellent condition, I just pulled the trigger. I don't even know if it has the foot switch included. Which I'm discovering are hard to find, geez hope it comes with it. I don't know what year it was made either but now know where to look on serial number to find that out. Still I have a good feeling about it, think everything will work out fine. Plus I got 45 days to decide if I want to keep it. To show you what an impulsive buy it was I've never even played through a high end Marshall before...been a full blown Fender guy. So tell me, JVM's are fricking killer ...right. Don't pull any punches, call me impulsive nut job if it fits.

HNAD, I think you are going to like it :applause:

And :welcome: to the forum, a great place.

Cheers :cheers:

SkyMonkey

Reaction score
If you find any fault with the tones of the JVM215C consider changing out the speaker.
The 215 comes stock with the 8 Ohm Celestion G12B-150 that is only found in the 215 and 1912 cab.
It is tuned to lower frequencies, not quite a bass speaker, but heading that way (Frequency Range - 60-4000Hz).
Most Celestion guitar speakers are in the 70/80 - 5000Hz range.
I tried a 215 out in a shop and found the tone strangely unsatisfying, and suspect the speaker is the cause.
Try it with another speaker if you have one available, or maybe try one of the Celestion 100W(+) speakers (G12H-150 Redback, G12K-100, G12T-100).

ampmadscientist

Reaction score

".....call me impulsive nut job if it fits...."
You came to the right place, :cheers:. Home of Marshall GAS.

John BNY

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe the JVM is about the best amp I've played through, and there isn't much out there in terms of its versatility. Congrats and welcome!

rick16v

Reaction score
If you find any fault with the tones of the JVM215C consider changing out the speaker.
The 215 comes stock with the 8 Ohm Celestion G12B-150 that is only found in the 215 and 1912 cab.
It is tuned to lower frequencies, not quite a bass speaker, but heading that way (Frequency Range - 60-4000Hz).
I tried a 215 out in a shop and found the tone strangely unsatisfying, and suspect the speaker is the cause.
Try it with another speaker if you have one available, or maybe try one of the Celestion 100W(+) speakers (G12H-150 Redback, G12K-100, G12T-100).

I tried a V30 and G12t-75. Preferred stock.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
Your gonna like it, features and tones out the wazoo! Welcome to the forum :yesway:

Last edited:

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome @ScreamingStrat to the Marshall Forum! You will find a great bunch of guys/gals here with a plethora of information on all things Marshall!

As far as the Jvm is concerned, it does it all! It’s the most versatile Marshall made imo. You can get real close to most all of the classic, iconic Marshall tones ole Jim ever created.

ScreamingStrat

Reaction score

ScreamingStrat

Reaction score
I have the redback in my '68 Deluxe Reverb, really like it, so thats a definite possibility.

ScreamingStrat

Reaction score
I believe the JVM is about the best amp I've played through, and there isn't much out there in terms of its versatility. Congrats and welcome!
Considering all the amps you own and I'm sure the countless others you've tried out, that is high praise, already feeling better about my purchase...can't wait for my delivery on Monday. Thanks

MonstersOfTheMidway

Reaction score
@ScreamingStrat :
Hello.
Congratulation on your new purchase. I hope everything works out well for you.

Besides the inclusion of the footswitch, a few other details would've been good to know for your protection. Details like tubes (brand, type, hours in use), any modifications, any important repairs/replacement of parts (transformers, pots, pcb). When it comes to used gear, sometimes what arrives at your door isn't exactly what is advertised, so it's better to ask. Thankfully, you have a return/refund policy that is favorable to you.

Also, after the amp arrives and if it checks out OK, use a multi-meter to check the bias setting. Bias setting can greatly influence how you experience the amp while playing.

Good luck with your purchase. Hope it all turns out well.

SkyMonkey

Reaction score
Another thing that we should alert you to is the existence of something called the JVM Forum (before it's gone).

It's a forum more or less dedicated to the JVM line.
It is in a sort of limbo at the moment, where they are not accepting any new members.
You can still access the site and read all the threads.
Not sure how long it will be around for, but it is a goldmine of JVM information and opinions.
If you find something useful, copy and paste it to a word doc for safekeeping!
http://jvmforum.com/phpBB3/

tce63

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
@tce63 …… Is there something your’re not telling us brother ???

Nope, I am not YJM, OK, I am also from Sweden, the same age, 9 days older than Yngwie.

I have met him twice of what I can remember, like 30 years ago, once in Stockholm and once in Roskilde festival if I remember correctly.

It is a great friendly guy.

So lets kill the rumer.

Last edited:

FracStrat

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope, I am not YJM, OK, I am also from Sweden, the same age, 9 days older than Yngwie.

I have met him twice of what I can remember, like 30 years ago, once in Stockholm and once in Roskilde festival if I remember correctly.

It is a great friendly guy.

So lets kill the rumer.

Hehe ……