• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Capacitors for SE Mira?

december

Reaction score
I have an SE Mira. Does anyone know what the stock capacitors are? There are 2 on the tone and a different 2 on the volume.
I don't know anything about caps but I need to replace the pots and switch. The push/pull tone no longer does the coil-split and I hate the audio taper volume; no matter how slow you turn it there's still a spot where it suddenly gets way louder.
And I put Seymour Duncan Pegasus/Sentient in it and would like some caps that would compliment those well.
I'm getting A500k push/pull tone and B500k volume. I like it bright but not harsh. Sparkly cleans and heavy distortion.
What caps would you put?
Thanks for the insight.
And my Marshall is a Valvestate 40V 8040.

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have an SE Mira. Does anyone know what the stock capacitors are? There are 2 on the tone and a different 2 on the volume.
I don't know anything about caps but I need to replace the pots and switch. The push/pull tone no longer does the coil-split and I hate the audio taper volume; no matter how slow you turn it there's still a spot where it suddenly gets way louder.
And I put Seymour Duncan Pegasus/Sentient in it and would like some caps that would compliment those well.
I'm getting A500k push/pull tone and B500k volume. I like it bright but not harsh. Sparkly cleans and heavy distortion.
What caps would you put?
Thanks for the insight.
And my Marshall is a Valvestate 40V 8040.
Can you post pics of the "2 on the tone and a different 2 on the volume"?
Here's a link to PRS's wiring diagrams, but I don't see one for the Mira.

december

Reaction score
Thanks. It's pretty much the same as the SE Custom 22 diagram, but that one doesn't show what the caps are.
I just ordered the pots, switch, and some .022 orange drops. I should have them by this weekend, then I'll open it up and get some pics.
Need to figure out which one(s) to reuse and which one the orange drop should replace.

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I checked a few of the other diagrams.
The ones I looked at showed 180pf cap on the vol pot input lug to sweeper, and .033uf on the tone cap.
You mentioned 2 at each. (?)
This diagram for a Paul's shows a 280k resistor from vol pot input lug to ground.
1667306802234.png

jeffb

Reaction score
USA PRS tone caps are generally .033. Unsure what they use on the SE models.

december

Reaction score
This is the volume pot. The small round cap is on the 2 lugs and the rectangular one is on the lug and the green lead to the tone pot.
I'm assuming the round one is a treble bleed and the rectangular one is the tone cap? I got .022uf orange drops so I'm guessing that I should put that in place of the rectangle and keep the round one on the new pot...?

Resize_20221106_152746_6918.jpg
And this is what's on the tone pot. Someone said they're resistors for asymmetrical coils on the stock pickups and that I shouldn't use them with the Pegasus/Sentient.
Resize_20221106_152746_6649.jpg