Casters for vertical Mini Jubilee 2536A cab?

• Thread starter Damjan R
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Damjan R

Reaction score
I have the Studio Jubilee vertical 2x12 cab and I am from Europe so I will probably buy from Thomann.
Anything you can recommend that would fit without the need for drilling and also some wheels with brakes?

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry I am of no help here.
I have normally gone to a home improvement store and just grabbed some caster’s that I remove the feet, and screw the caster’s on.

Cheers

Gene Ballzz

Reaction score
I'd likely go with the very cool, removeable Mesa Boogie units, while leaving (possible re-positioning required) the feet in place. Not cheap, but very nice! Wheel locks on the casters may seem like a good idea, until they get easily damaged, and then they are quite simply a P.I.T.A. !

Just Sayin'
Gene

BlueX

Reaction score
I have the Studio Jubilee vertical 2x12 cab and I am from Europe so I will probably buy from Thomann.
Anything you can recommend that would fit without the need for drilling and also some wheels with brakes?
If it's the same type of cab as Studio Vintage SV212 then casters with standard M10 threads should fit. I have that on my SV212.

Last edited:

Sustainium

Reaction score
That cab has the caster sockets already right?.If so I would get the proper casters from Marshall designed for your sockets.
Yup, I’ve got Marshall casters on my studio cabs.
They cost more but install easily with no bs if that’s what you’re after.
On cheaper cabs I’d head to the hardware store for sure.

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thing I found with the home center or hardware store casters are that they don't swivel for shit after a while. You go to roll the cab and it wants to head off in the other direction. That and they aren't that cheap.

If anyone is going to "caster " an old cab I highly recommend the Ernie Ball or Peavey pop out casters over the hardware store variety by a country mile.

The pop outs are under $30 for a set of 4 with all the hardware included.

You'd spend that for decent hardware store casters and the hardware to mount them, and they are not even close to the pop outs quality wise...that and you can remove the E.B's or Peaveys in like 2 seconds.

I have an old 70s Randall 4x12 with the hardware store casters on it and everytime I move it I want to cut it into little pieces because of them fucking casters. Trust me. Get the good ones.