• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Cathode follower driven eq question

• Thread starter Steeveejay
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Steeveejay

Reaction score
I just finished a sweet little 5 watt scratch built champ style amp , only , i decided to wack in an extra 12ax7 and build a complete jcm preamp , without the nfb and presence circuit . Its got to be the nicest S E amp I've heard ,,ever.
While doing some voltage checks , i found a pretty high voltage on the Cathode that I'm driving the EQ from . It's like 195 volts.
Can anyone familiar with Cathode driven EQ's let me know if this be normal,or not ,as i thought it unusual . Cheers..:wave:

ampmadscientist

Reaction score
I just finished a sweet little 5 watt scratch built champ style amp , only , i decided to wack in an extra 12ax7 and build a complete jcm preamp , without the nfb and presence circuit . Its got to be the nicest S E amp I've heard ,,ever.
While doing some voltage checks , i found a pretty high voltage on the Cathode that I'm driving the EQ from . It's like 195 volts.
Can anyone familiar with Cathode driven EQ's let me know if this be normal,or not ,as i thought it unusual . Cheers..:wave:
normal

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
I would like to hear it ! :shred:
Are you on the SEwatt forum ?

Steeveejay

Reaction score
Thanks guys , I was almost about to pull the board out to see if i miss wired a link behind it.
Although , i am going to tweek the eq a little . As i turn her up ,the eq seems less effective ,except the mids .. thems just fiiiine .

Steeveejay

Reaction score
Yeh sure, I will see if i can download sound cloud and work out how to upload clip.. SE forum sounds interesting also.. its on my things to do list for the weekend.. cheers .