Celestion - G10 Greenback Replacement for Stock Speaker in Origin20C

• Thread starter Denis St Guinefort
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Denis St Guinefort

Reaction score
Greetings, I own a Marshall Or20C with which I am very pleased. However, when I plug it into a Traynor 1X12 DHX equipped with a 12" Greenback, it produces the sound I truly like. I wonder if anyone has upgraded the same amp's speaker with the Celestion 10" Greenback and if it does truly brings the sound much closer to its equivalent in 12".

PaulHikeS2

Reaction score
I upgraded the 10-30 in my Marshall DSL5CR with a G10 Greenback. While it was an improvement, it did not quite sound like a 12". It's kind of it's own thing.

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Greetings, I own a Marshall Or20C with which I am very pleased. However, when I plug it into a Traynor 1X12 DHX equipped with a 12" Greenback, it produces the sound I truly like. I wonder if anyone has upgraded the same amp's speaker with the Celestion 10" Greenback and if it does truly brings the sound much closer to its equivalent in 12".
I've run my O20H through 12" greenbacks and 10" greenbacks, 12" V-Types and 10" VT jr.s.
The 12"ers are completely different than the 10's, and each other.
The 10"ers are fairly similar.
10"GB's will break up at a slightly lower volume if you want that.
Tone wise when both 10's are cranked they are very similar, to the point of minor tone/tilt/presence adjustments, they sounded about the same.