Change Vox AC30 with Marshall Head

• Thread starter domina76
  • Start date
  • Tags
    head
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

domina76

Reaction score
Hi everybody, I have been playing for years with my band in the rehearsal room (stopped for 2 years due to a pandemic) and in September we start again.
I currently use voxac30 head + 2X12 vox greenback cabinet and I have a custom Prs
I'm thinking of selling my head and getting a marshall, thanks also to the videos on youtube, I saw the new 20 watt heads, it intrigues me a lot, especially the mini jubilee as a type of sound ... but I would like something with 2 / 3 channels (purely crunch and distorted sound and I currently use a bossgt6)
So I looked at the jmc2000 dsl50 or tsl60..the dsl is perhaps the one I like best..I know the best way would be to try them, but except 20 watts available in some shops, I don't know where to find the others (the 20 watts I'm afraid in rehearsal room struggling a bit) .. let's say that by dint of watching videos I am a bit confused .. for this I ask for your help

I am still looking for a marshall solution (I love the slash sound) to use crunch and distortion of the amp via footswitch, which is not too big (certainly not 100 watts and already with 50 maybe I'm over) to play rock (Placebo, Bush and alternative rock) .. thanks again

Crikey

Reaction score
Hi everybody, I have been playing for years with my band in the rehearsal room (stopped for 2 years due to a pandemic) and in September we start again.
I currently use voxac30 head + 2X12 vox greenback cabinet and I have a custom Prs
I'm thinking of selling my head and getting a marshall, thanks also to the videos on youtube, I saw the new 20 watt heads, it intrigues me a lot, especially the mini jubilee as a type of sound ... but I would like something with 2 / 3 channels (purely crunch and distorted sound and I currently use a bossgt6)
So I looked at the jmc2000 dsl50 or tsl60..the dsl is perhaps the one I like best..I know the best way would be to try them, but except 20 watts available in some shops, I don't know where to find the others (the 20 watts I'm afraid in rehearsal room struggling a bit) .. let's say that by dint of watching videos I am a bit confused .. for this I ask for your help

I am still looking for a marshall solution (I love the slash sound) to use crunch and distortion of the amp via footswitch, which is not too big (certainly not 100 watts and already with 50 maybe I'm over) to play rock (Placebo, Bush and alternative rock) .. thanks again
Thanks AC 30 is rock nroll
The 2555x Jubilee at Sweetwater s st a great price $2,300
Jump on it

domina76

Reaction score
Thanks AC 30 is rock nroll
The 2555x Jubilee at Sweetwater s st a great price $2,300
Jump on it

I like the 2555x, but I would like to spend more or less as much as I earn for my ac30, maybe 100 or 200 dollars more, for that I am evaluating a used one

Crikey

Reaction score
I like the 2555x, but I would like to spend more or less as much as I earn for my ac30, maybe 100 or 200 dollars more, for that I am evaluating a used one
I havent seen any ised 2555xs for less than 2500$

paul-e-mann

Reaction score

DSL, TSL, JVM, 900, Jube, 6100, are all good channel switching Marshalls, take your pick! :yesway:

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where are you located, and do you have an interest in a 6101 w/ 6912?

Crikey

Reaction score
In fact, as I wrote, I am evaluating the mini jubilee 2525h or alternatively the jmc2000 DSL50 or TSL60
research the mini Jubilee setting on MF
First time i played one i didnt like it
MFers advised settings and it sounded way better the second time i played it

Ufoscorpion

Reaction score