Charvel Pro Mod REL SRS SD1 HH vs Schecter sun valley super shredder exotic ziricote ? Please help me decide..!

• Thread starter narcsoul
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narcsoul

Reaction score
Well i am currently owner of a charvel dk24 pro mod and also of an ibanez genesis rg521. I like better charvel's neck but i also want a new guitar with floy rose so i am between Charvel Pro Mod REL SRS ( this year model ) and Schecter sun valley super shredder exotic ziricote. ( https://www.schecterguitars.com/SVSS-Exotic-FR-Ziricote )

Both are in the same price range....

I really like compound radius 12-16 and also HH pickups. Unfortunately i cannot find them in my country in order to test them...

What is your opinion? Do you have any of them? What about their necks? Will be similar to my current charvel?

Thank you

Last edited:

NumbSkull

Reaction score
I have this one,
I like it, but I would go for the Schecter..

I have about 5 Schecters and they all play well, I like their style and value.
I just think it looks better, the grain in Zircote is fascinating and I like the feel of wood.

The relicing on the charvel looks good on this one,
but I would prefer a darker fingerboard and ordering online you are never sure with relicing, it can look fake.

Also some people just dont like it, why put some fans off ?

Its a close decision and both guitars are great, just giving my opinion.

Derek S

Reaction score
I love me some charvel necks (and most everything else on 'em) but that is one nice looking Schecter, I'd be tempted just to add it for some variety.