• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Cheers from Luxembourg

• Thread starter depuis1899
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

depuis1899

Reaction score
Greetings guys ( and ladies ) from MF !

My name is Chris, and I'm a 20 year old student who was born and lives in Luxembourg. I guess very few of you know where Luxembourg is . It's in Europe, right between Germany, France and Belgium. There was a free spot, so we took it ( kidding, actually, about 1100 years ago we were bigger than Belgium LOL ).

So this being said, let's come to me. As I mentioned, I'm a student right now, who sometimes plays some PS3, really not much anymore. When I'm home it's mostly guitar, guitar all the way actually. I started about 5 years ago, after I discovered AC/DC at the age of 14 ( yeah shame on me, but it's a long story ). At 15 I got a classical guitar, two months later an Epiphone SG, following by a Epiphone LesPaul Custom. Right now I have an acoustic guitar made by my tech, a 1994 Gibson SG Standard fitted with Manlius T-Tops, a 2009 Gibson SG Standard Angus Young VOS fitted with a DAllen P-51 in the bridge ( also added a pair of caps to use the tone controls ), a 2005 SG 62' Reissue ( which is black repainted to match Angus' Donnington one and fittet with Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates ), a 1990 Gibson LesPaul Custom all stock, a 2011 Gibson LesPaul Traditional Pro fitted with Seymour Duncan Custom Jimmy Page pickups ( the pots, caps etc etc have been changed ), an Epiphone LesPaul Custom fitted with Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro Slash ( everything on that guitar has been replaced, except for the wood lol ) and last but not least a 2012 Relicaster Springsteen Telecaster/Esquier.

I'm more of a plug N play guy, so my amps are pretty standard. A 1979 2203 Marshall JMP all stock, a 1976 1959 Marshall JMP with PPIMV ( removed ) ( a hybrid design one, that year where Marshall started to change the design, so some parts look pre 1976 and some after 1976, looks kinda cool ) and recently gotten a 2008 1959 RR in mint condition. I play those three heads over a handmade 2x12 by a friend fitted with G12-65. Also got an Orange OR15 and a Laney TI15112, which I run on a Marshall 2061CX cab ( 2x12 with G12H30 ).
Not many effects, got a delay DD-3 by Boss, an Ibanez Stereo Chorus and a EVH Phase90 by MXR which I used like 10 times since I got them... I sometimes use my MXR ZW OD 44 to boost my sound, but more my OKKO Diablo Gain +, a Boss TU-2 tuner and the latest Slash CryBaby. The thing I always use since I got it, is my Schaffer Replica. This thing is magical... No other way to describe it. Just google it or on YT and you'll be surprised ! ;-)

I know, 20 and all this gear, but it's all I do and all I love to be honest. I go out like once a month and spend 4 bucks on water... that's it. I've been working for 4 years every summer now, and spent all of it always on guitars or amps. Always been lucky on what I've found, because I've never paid the full or even close to the full price of those guitars, which made me able to afford those. And sometimes I have very generous parents who help me ( a lot ) .

My skills are... well hard to say, I'm actually never happy about them, this is why I started to take some lessons two months ago to get my improvising skills to another level. But since I started I'm basically all self-thaught.

Gods I love: AC/DC, Slash, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, but I also listen to a lot of blues, or other classic rock stuff like the Stones, Springsteen etc etc.

Anyways, I hope this wasn't too boring for you folks to read.

Let's have a great time together !

Cheers

Chris

Latest posts