• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Class 5 - Headphones Jack As Attenuator

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Yeah, flip the selector switch over the headphones setting, plug the speaker cable about halfway into the headphone jack, and you're set.

PU239

Reaction score
Reminds me of the album cover from UFO

330px-UFO_album_Phenomenon.jpg

The Ozzk

Reaction score
It takes me to a time I personally didn't experience but one I've been always curious about. Simpler times.

I think what's attractive about it is that it takes your mind somewhere else... to a different time. :agreed:

Stemiles90

Reaction score
It takes me to a time I personally didn't experience but one I've been always curious about. Simpler times.

I think what's attractive about it is that it takes your mind somewhere else... to a different time. :agreed:
That and the legs! But seriously,good point,old photos are amazing for triggering the imagination- spain or somewhere in the 50s/60s before all the tourism, like 2 hotels and a beach bar or something. I'm from england but stills of America especially 50s 60s 70s always do it

Federico Valle

Reaction score
I'm using a Haze 15 Cab, that has a 16 ohms speaker while the stock speaker of the C5 has 16 ohms (corrected!). Can I used the jack of the headphones as an attenuated output anyway?

Last edited:

JAC

Reaction score
Just tried out the headphone jack bedroom tone trick. It actually works great! I've been afraid to try it out because I did not know if I could hurt the amp. You get great tone without it being way too loud.