Code 50 Stuck On “Ready For Update” Screen (Solved)

SuperWolf43

Reaction score
I have owned my Code 50 amp for many years now and have never experienced any major issues. The only slightly irritating one is when it becomes quiet after a minute or so of playing. The main issue, however, is when I turn the amp on. In an attempt to fix the sound issues, I tried to update the firmware on the website. While doing so, the computer’s screen I was using turned dark. This seemed to upset the process and made me restart. When I tried to restart the process the website acted like my amp was fully updated. Ever since that, my amp only displays the message “Ready For Update.” I am unable to hear any sound, change presets, or change anything. I have tried every button combination and even attempted a factory reset but no screen for it appeared. Any help is much appreciated.

StrummerJoe

Reaction score
First, welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry that you're having issues with your amp and that I have no idea what you can do about it.

Maybe someone else can help.

jeffb

Reaction score
Have you tried calling the IT department?

On a serious note-
If the factory reset did not work and the amp is stuck...well.. it's a cheap computer design from roughly 10 years ago. Might be time to move on. I've been able to factory reset my 25 when something went sideways, but I'm just waiting for it to give up the ghost. I had several of the old Vox modelers go south on me back when they were well thought of. It goes with the territory of cheapa$$ digital amps.

What?

Reaction score
Digital amps are built to be non-repairable. If it breaks during warranty it gets replaced. Otherwise, buy, use, throwaway.

jeffb

Reaction score
Maybe it's waiting for the New Marshall to release its next line of digital amps.

I know I was "ready for update" not long after I bought one.

SuperWolf43

Reaction score
Yeah, I assumed it would be something along those lines, thanks anyways guys. I probably needed to invest in a new amp anyways.

What?

Reaction score
You might try to flash the old firmware.

Lo-Tek

Reaction score
BFH?

clarksonhammer29234419.jpg

j/k.
I can see where problems like this might occur with software based amps. Good luck.

SuperWolf43

Reaction score
I looked everywhere on the internet for anything regarding Code 50 and never found this. It worked! I was using a Mac and for some reason it does not work. I used an HP with windows and it started updating. Thank you, I use this as a practice amp and was not really looking forward to spending more at this time.