Code.....what Is Happening.

• Thread starter David Elliott
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
I don't use the bluetooth feature at the moment so I can't answer that question. I'm sorry but I'm waiting on all the bugs to get worked out before I start messing with that feature.
Same here. You want things to work the way the are supposed to, granted. I find changing amp settings on the amp and saving them to be less foreign than playing with my phone. I mean, you have to be near the amp to play it so...
I do hope they work these bugs out soon though...

David Elliott

Reaction score
Yeah, I figured out that it does a few at a time, but to get all 100 loaded is a pain in the ass! Super buggy app. Oh, and the tuner.....what a joke. I am running the dry out of one of my pedals to my basically retired Line 6 Pod XT LIve, which has a fantastic tuner. Otherwise, I like the amp overall.

slugzz-sop

Reaction score
yeah I haven't mentioned that but the tuner sucks. I hope they update that tuner lol I feel like amp companies always slack on the tuner if the have a built in one tho, so that's not a problem cause I have a stand alone tuner

slugzz-sop

Reaction score
it's just inaccurate, shows up as in tune then you exit tuner and some strings are flat and some are sharp.

GT08

Reaction score
Never played one....don't need one....but I have heard one.....I'll just stick to Valve amps thank you.
Rock on.

C-4

Reaction score
After reading many of these posts in different threads, I am finding that the bitching comes more from the inability of the phone app to work correctly, then the amp not sounding as players desire it too.

At the price being paid, I don't want or expect anything more then great Marshall amp sounds in abundance. Yes, it is "F'd up that the stupid tuner has to be so poor, and also that the phone app was not thought out correctly prior to offering the amps commercially, but at least the reason we want to like these amps is the available tones they offer.

As for the speaker and many desiring to change it out almost matter-of-factly, all speakers need time to be broken in. I would not be in such a rush to spend more money and possibly buy the wrong type of speaker immediately. Give the speaker about 40 hours of hard play time before judging on it's good and bad qualities. While it sucks to have to break in the speaker, it isn't costing you anything but playing time to allow it to sound as it should.

On this point, you would think that by now they would have figured a way to break the speaker in at the factory on some machine, prior to sending the amp out. At least that way, the amp would be auditioned in stores using a more positive feeling, and knowing that you don't have to break the damn thing in to really hear what the amp will eventually sound like.

thegaindeli

Reaction score
Is it me or does it seem nothing is moving forward with CODE. No dedicated forum, no patch sharing, nobody really saying much???? I kind of bought this thing hoping to take advantage of other people's patches....done by people who know a lot more about how to get really good sounds than I do. I am still inside my 45 day return period and I gotta say, I am wavering pretty hard right now.
Take that digital noise making piece of crap back to where you got it, and pocket your hard-earned dollars - pronto! If you need something small for practice, get a Fender Pro Jr + Fulldrive 2. I'd recommend a small Marshall DSL, but everyone I've talked to says the quality is just not there... Don't know, I've never played one?

Tube! Tubes! Tubes! :)

David Elliott

Reaction score
Take that digital noise making piece of crap back to where you got it, and pocket your hard-earned dollars - pronto! If you need something small for practice, get a Fender Pro Jr + Fulldrive 2. I'd recommend a small Marshall DSL, but everyone I've talked to says the quality is just not there... Don't know, I've never played one?

Tube! Tubes! Tubes! :)

Yeah, for double the money, no effects, and not even close to as many tones. As a hobbyist player, that's just a dumb option, but thanks.

Antmax

Reaction score
I found the odd distortion when recording via USB happens when the app has corrupted. And it's not just the guitar sound, if your playing a backing track through the amp that will distort too when it goes wrong. I haven't had a problem in a while, not since I started saving my presets on the amp after three app installs.

I actually like using the app. Just it's completely screwed itself half a dozen times in the month or so I've had the amp.
I suspect they haven't fixed the bugs because the patch sharing feature probably required a lot of reworking with the way the data is stored breaking compatibility with older versions. So we will probably have to wait till they have a working release of that before we see any love on the app front.

C-4

Reaction score
I just looked at the Sweetwater site and they now have Code 50's in stock. While I do not plan on using the phone app, I did request Sweetwater to update my amp's software, if it didn't ship with that new software already in the amp.

Jam81

Reaction score
I just looked at the Sweetwater site and they now have Code 50's in stock. While I do not plan on using the phone app, I did request Sweetwater to update my amp's software, if it didn't ship with that new software already in the amp.
How do you know if it's updated and how do you update it?

Jam81

Reaction score
You need a usb cable and a pc. If you are osx you are out of luck at this time. Marshall has a firmware update app up to download.
Oh man, I do have a Mac, oh well any idea what the update does? Thanks.

hcelizondo

Reaction score
@Jam81 as far as I know there is no firmware update for the CODE yet. The only updates have bee to the gateway app.

webcat

Reaction score
I found the odd distortion when recording via USB happens when the app has corrupted. And it's not just the guitar sound, if your playing a backing track through the amp that will distort too when it goes wrong. I haven't had a problem in a while, not since I started saving my presets on the amp after three app installs.

I actually like using the app. Just it's completely screwed itself half a dozen times in the month or so I've had the amp.
I suspect they haven't fixed the bugs because the patch sharing feature probably required a lot of reworking with the way the data is stored breaking compatibility with older versions. So we will probably have to wait till they have a working release of that before we see any love on the app front.

How do you share the patches? Is it possible to backup or sync the app with another, so you have the same patches on an iPhone and iPad?

Latest posts