Deaf Mans Thread.. Welcome Non-Master Volume Owners

• Thread starter BluesRocker
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Codyjohns

VIP Member
Reaction score
sweet cant to hear them!

After hearing the play back in the studio ......I'm buying another Superlead :headbanger::headbanger:

I'm waiting for the pictures and video that we had taken yesterday of the band in the studio.....the singer is going to email them to me ...hopefully today. :)

BluesRocker

Reaction score
Awesome!!!! Yeah you always need a back up.. :fingersx: I cant wait to get mine back.. Im so anxious.. I think when I send my 1987 off Ill have him mod it for KT88s... :hmm: with power scaling.

Im sure you will post those vids wont ya?

Codyjohns

VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome!!!! Yeah you always need a back up.. :fingersx: I cant wait to get mine back.. Im so anxious.. I think when I send my 1987 off Ill have him mod it for KT88s... :hmm: with power scaling.

Im sure you will post those vids wont ya?

IMHO keep it EL34's :)......I used KT88's before and the EL34's in a Superlead is the amp that was made for these power tubes.

I will post pictures of the band in the studio but the video I have to get from the singer(Todd) I hope he emails both pix and video. :fingersx:

BluesRocker

Reaction score
I know that Page used 88s in his SL.. I may use 6CA7s.... Ill have those in my SLP

BluesRocker

Reaction score
Ahh I see.. I didnt knwo the date they were used.. Good to know now..

Steve0525

Reaction score
I know it sounds typical, but I think his tone was BEST 69-73. SLP's with 34's ran in his Roger Mayer OD and the Black beauty and the number 1 LP with the cream p/u in the bridge was his best tone IMO

Codyjohns

VIP Member
Reaction score
I know it sounds typical, but I think his tone was BEST 69-73. SLP's with 34's ran in his Roger Mayer OD and the Black beauty and the number 1 LP with the cream p/u in the bridge was his best tone IMO

MSG '73 ....Pages tone was fucking beautiful :rock:

Steve0525

Reaction score
Before I say this, please note JP is my favorite player and LZ is my favorite band, but I'm not going to just say everything they ever did was perfect...

He plays great on the SRTS, and his tone is...alright....but it seriously dosen't TOUCH the old Psycho a go-go, Blueberyyhill, Filmore West, or even West was Won/MSG. I think thier prime is that Royal Albert stuff in 69. The I can't quit you and We're gonna groove and Dazed from that show are bizzare

BluesRocker

Reaction score
Damn Steve.. You are making me crave some Led Zep... I will have to dig out the videos later

Codyjohns

VIP Member
Reaction score
Before I say this, please note JP is my favorite player and LZ is my favorite band, but I'm not going to just say everything they ever did was perfect...

He plays great on the SRTS, and his tone is...alright....but it seriously dosen't TOUCH the old Psycho a go-go, Blueberyyhill, Filmore West, or even West was Won/MSG. I think thier prime is that Royal Albert stuff in 69. The I can't quit you and We're gonna groove and Dazed from that show are bizzare

1970 Royal Albert Hall is a great one too ....they started the show with (We're gonna groove) I love that tone as well. :dude: Jimmy was wearing a striped sweater on stage.

DSL100 Dude

Reaction score
Well fellas, I know you accepted all of us little Class 5 F'ers in to the club but as of today I will be needing to upgrade me membership.

Brand Spanking New 1987X is in da HOUSE!!!! :dude:

Pics to come soon...

Codyjohns

VIP Member
Reaction score
Well fellas, I know you accepted all of us little Class 5 F'ers in to the club but as of today I will be needing to upgrade me membership.

Brand Spanking New 1987X is in da HOUSE!!!! :dude:

Pics to come soon...

:headbanger::headbanger::headbanger:
:headbanger::headbanger::headbanger: :rock: