Deaf Mans Thread.. Welcome Non-Master Volume Owners

• Thread starter BluesRocker
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Clammy

Reaction score
It's an original amp but it's box didn't come with it despite being kitted out in the right material. That's a replica coffin badge, the only non period correct thing about it. You'll hate this next bit, the amp cost me about £200 plus a raid on my spare parts supply!

So that's an original offset head box, but the chassis is a later one? Sweet all the same! And still worth some big bucks, I'm sure!

Cheers!
:dude::dude::dude:

Clammy

Reaction score
Gotta love Lemmy..... anyone with the words "kill mister" in his name is alright by me ;)

Lemmy's the reason I play bass, and use Marshalls for bass too (I always did/do when I play(ed) guitar). hehehe... I totally copped my tone/style off him! :D I've also had the honour and pleasure of meeting, and partying with him a bunch of times over the years!

DSC03041.jpg

ClammyLemmy06.jpg

DSC02620.jpg

Cheers!

Last edited:

lp_VooDoo

Reaction score
hello everyone i have a question for you NMV guys. i have an opportunity to purchase a jcm 800 1959. my question is has anyone owned or played on one and what were your thoughts on it? also what do you think a fair price for this unit would be? it looks real clean and is sitting at a local guitar center, they are asking $1200 out the door.

BluesRocker

Reaction score
hello everyone i have a question for you NMV guys. i have an opportunity to purchase a jcm 800 1959. my question is has anyone owned or played on one and what were your thoughts on it? also what do you think a fair price for this unit would be? it looks real clean and is sitting at a local guitar center, they are asking $1200 out the door.

Thats a decent price.. I got my 1959SLP for $1250.

Post some pics of it if you can. That way we can get a better look of it.. The year would help too.. Thanks

Frankie

Reaction score
$1200's not a bad deal for a 4 hole JCM 800. They're usually a little pricier since they're considered rarer.

lp_VooDoo

Reaction score
okay thanx for the replies, btw if i read the s/n properly it was made in 1991. although i could be wrong. i plugged it in at the shop but wasn't able to give it a proper test as i dont think guitar center would appreciate the ear blistering goodness. however if the price sounds right i shall probably pick it up, after a better test with my guitars. :D

Marshallhead

Reaction score
So that's an original offset head box, but the chassis is a later one? Sweet all the same! And still worth some big bucks, I'm sure!

Cheers!

Wrong way round, the chassis is one of the first production units (only see two other examples with the grey RS caps and 7 hole wide board which this one has), it's the box that's not original.

Clammy

Reaction score
Wrong way round, the chassis is one of the first production units (only see two other examples with the grey RS caps and 7 hole wide board which this one has), it's the box that's not original.

Thanks for clearing that up... apparently, my reading comprehension skills have suffered due to too much alcohol consumption and years of having my skull caved in by standing in front of cranked marshall stacks!!! :lol::lol:

Cheers!

lp_VooDoo

Reaction score
i picked up that jcm800 nmv. thank you for all your input on this it sounds amazing

marshall head.jpg

guitar rig.jpg

janarn

Reaction score
The bottom one is a '65 100w Super PA model 1968 that I sold last year.
It has two JTM45 output transformers, and is one of the first 100w Marshalls made.