Deaf Mans Thread.. Welcome Non-Master Volume Owners

• Thread starter BluesRocker
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Papus

Reaction score
My beloved 2061x with Swank Motee cascade mod is coming home from the Amp Health Spa tomorrow (it's my birthday today).
Can't wait to dime her and blow the shit out of those EL84's :)
It was a blown OT again..... (poor quality under-spec'd Marshall OT)... this time she's been replaced with a much beefier bigger OT, should give better bass response too :)

Stand by for 112dB of NMV Marshall goodness!!!!!!

I've noticed, there are no pussies participating in this thread - maybe the excessive volume scares the weak ones away?

hehehehehehe

Lespaulnmarshall

Reaction score
Plexi50w3.jpg

:headbanger::headbanger::headbanger::headbanger:

DSL100 Dude

Reaction score
My beloved 2061x with Swank Motee cascade mod is coming home from the Amp Health Spa tomorrow (it's my birthday today).
Can't wait to dime her and blow the shit out of those EL84's :)
It was a blown OT again..... (poor quality under-spec'd Marshall OT)... this time she's been replaced with a much beefier bigger OT, should give better bass response too :)

Stand by for 112dB of NMV Marshall goodness!!!!!!

I've noticed, there are no pussies participating in this thread - maybe the excessive volume scares the weak ones away?

hehehehehehe

LOL! Hope ya had an awesome birthday dude.

Nickc6

Reaction score
Happy birthday there Papus ..... Sweet amp!!!

BluesRocker

Reaction score
Nick congrats on the SL!!! Crank that beast!!

V- That is one sexy SL... How does she sound?

sweaty v

Reaction score
BROWN,,, Purrs when you need it and literally growls when you want it. I cant say enough. It really does all I need it to do. Luv it:dude:

Nickc6

Reaction score
Thx guys!

About the mods ... The second output is still wired up and secured inside the chassis ... Evidently they only needed one 8ohm output and and didn't want to drill any holes for the MV ... As for the MV it feels more like attenuation to me rather than a gain knob in the preamp ... Not familiar with this stuff but that's what it felt like. The saturation character was constant as volume changes ... Also there's a non stock cap on volume 2 ... Sounds great and is a bit brighter than my 1987 which makes them sound awesome together! ... Also the impedance selector has been hardwired for 8 ohms ... It's the old style and the were prob worried about blowing their OT.

Codyjohns

VIP Member
Reaction score
Thx guys!

About the mods ... The second output is still wired up and secured inside the chassis ... Evidently they only needed one 8ohm output and and didn't want to drill any holes for the MV ... As for the MV it feels more like attenuation to me rather than a gain knob in the preamp ... Not familiar with this stuff but that's what it felt like. The saturation character was constant as volume changes ... Also there's a non stock cap on volume 2 ... Sounds great and is a bit brighter than my 1987 which makes them sound awesome together! ... Also the impedance selector has been hardwired for 8 ohms ... It's the old style and the were prob worried about blowing their OT.

It almost exactly the same as mine. :dude:

Codyjohns

VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm new to this group, let me post some pics...

DSCF3165.jpg

I have a Fawn 1959 SL that someone who owned it before me pained Black. :( I tried to clean it off but failed........so I VHT dyed it white and pained the Marshall logo Black like the original ones.......and how she lives as a white Superlead. :)

michael-rt-albums-pic-s-picture4717-s7304960.jpg

michael-rt-albums-pic-s-picture4545-s7304913.jpg

michael-rt-albums-pic-s-picture4544-s7304912.jpg

Codyjohns

VIP Member
Reaction score
She could almost pass as a Rhoads..
Almost..

Yeah I know....the difference is RR had the cascaded preamp modded and his had the plastic toggles with the red light in the on off switch......oh and his was a real white Superlead. :)

BluesRocker

Reaction score

Yeah I know....the difference is RR had the cascaded preamp modded and his had the plastic toggles with the red light in the on off switch......oh and his was a real white Superlead. :)

Not to mention he played through it too.. Which made godly tone.. :wave::headbanger:

BluesRocker

Reaction score
All of us with Superleads can get his sound so much easier then most amps can. :)

Agreed.. But just like Jimi's and Jimmy's tone.. There is always that extra something that is missing.....Them playing it.