• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Delete

• Thread starter end user
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Cal Nevari

Reaction score
There is a certain manufacturer of modeling pedals (among other things) that I have used for many years. Even contributed to their software development and have spent thousands on their stuff. Recently discovered that most the folks that work there are complete douchebags that look down on "common folk" and like to make fun of those who are less fortunate in this world. I had all I could do not to blurt out "YOU ARE ALL SCUMBAGS" while witnessing the pompous insults and the total lack of empathy shown.

I myself am not a "less fortunate" but I certainly don't look down on them and actually do a lot of charity work in that specific area. Helping people who are trying to dig out of a hole and make something of their lives. It feels good to actually contribute to society in a positive way and the thanks I get are irreplaceable.

That said, I couldn't sell my so called "upper tier" modeling unit on Reverb fast enough. Even though it was the center of my guitar rig, I can't in good faith support this company. Nor will I ever buy another one of their devices or software. This is called speaking with your wallet and that's what I am doing. It wont do me a sliver of good to go on social media and call them out. Thats why I am leaving the company name out of this convo. I needed to rant about it somehow. From now on though I certainly will not suggest any of their devices to someone looking to get into something this company sells products for. Sickening what I witnessed.

/rant over
Thank you for an excellent post! Wouldn’t really call it a rant. Maybe a public service announcement? Definitely admire your selling your gear, not revealing the name of the company, and voting with your wallet. Shows a great deal of class and makes me even more likely to trust your opinions (Not that I didn’t already). Best of all your contributions to the general welfare of society. This is the opposite of this company and the best protest of all, a counterpoint to their greed and arrogance. Thanks!