Did Hendrix ever run a JTM w/JMP heads?

• Thread starter Purplexi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mtm105

Reaction score
Hendrix was booed off stage last concert. That’s how he managed to drink himself to death.

BanditPanda

Reaction score
Yeah...whose bright idea was it to book Jimi Hendrix as an opening act for The Monkees for Christ's sake!!! I guess they were under the impression that a packed house waiting to hear Davy Jones sing Day Dream Believer would be well served by Crosstown Traffic and Machine Gun.
FFS!!!
BP

BanditPanda

Reaction score
Hendrix was booed off stage last concert. That’s how he managed to drink himself to death.

That happened in 1967. Hendrix last performance was Sept 6 1970
"The last two songs Hendrix ever played live were Purple Haze and a suitably stormy version of Voodoo Child (Slight Return). Fittingly, coincidentally, ironically, the final lines of the song – and the final lines that Hendrix would ever sing in public –  are as follows: ‘If I don’t see you no more "in this world/I’ll meet you in "the next one and don’t be late, don’t be late.’"
"The era of Love + Peace was truly at an end. Less than two weeks later, on the September 18 – two months short of his 28th birthday – Jimi Hendrix 
was dead"
Source : Steve Hoffman Music Forums.

BP

Last edited: