Did the decimal point slip here, and some?

• Thread starter neikeel
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

neikeel

Reaction score
It's quite nice using mixture of old and new stuff, but really, how much?
anqbdpnzuke72pmhdqxo.jpg

https://Reverb(dot)com/uk/item/5458...K-WebConversion-LF-2021Q4&utm_content=300x250

playloud

Reaction score
Hey, they spare you "the hassle of a tired amp"!

Has anyone had a headshell made in this style (Vynair grill cloth with the earlier tolex)? Would be nice to make a clone in one if it's not too expensive.

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
some dumbass will buy it.
then he will take it to GC and not get his asking price then
show up on this forum bitching about it. roflmao.

Last edited:

Marcomel79

Reaction score
Hey, they spare you "the hassle of a tired amp"!

Has anyone had a headshell made in this style (Vynair grill cloth with the earlier tolex)? Would be nice to make a clone in one if it's not too expensive.
Eric Collins makes a vynair repro. Not quite like the one on that front but similar. Very pricey

tomsvintage

Reaction score
It's quite nice using mixture of old and new stuff, but really, how much?
anqbdpnzuke72pmhdqxo.jpg

https://Reverb(dot)com/uk/item/5458...K-WebConversion-LF-2021Q4&utm_content=300x250
I saw that too and totally agree ! Your replica is much nicer and you got the close input and indicator light feature correct !

Last edited:

playloud

Reaction score
Do you mean like the one at the top?
eR8NujK.jpeg

Precisely. (What a stack!!) I assume the cloth and knobs are NOS?

I've been thinking it would be fun to build a Trainwreck clone (probably Liverpool) inside a 18W-sized chassis with early Marshall styling.

neikeel

Reaction score
The knobs are ones from Tom years ago, they had to be turned down on the back edge as too deep as stock. The vinyl is the thin Vynide like early Vox and the cloth is repro. I’m saving the original Vynair for restos. There was a chap in West London with a bunch of early amps that needed resto. I had the exact OEM parts to restore them all (still have) but he had a ‘domestic’ with his partner who called an apologised that she would no longer be dropping by 🤷‍♂️

playloud

Reaction score
The knobs are ones from Tom years ago, they had to be turned down on the back edge as too deep as stock. The vinyl is the thin Vynide like early Vox and the cloth is repro. I’m saving the original Vynair for restos. There was a chap in West London with a bunch of early amps that needed resto. I had the exact OEM parts to restore them all (still have) but he had a ‘domestic’ with his partner who called an apologised that she would no longer be dropping by 🤷‍♂️

Is the cloth EC? It looks fantastic.

I see a Reverb seller has the Vynide available but I'd prefer to leave that stuff to people doing restorations. Is there a similar current production tolex?

stickyfinger

Reaction score
Is the cloth EC? It looks fantastic.

I see a Reverb seller has the Vynide available but I'd prefer to leave that stuff to people doing restorations. Is there a similar current production tolex?
Lind studios selling the vynide correct?

I inquired about it last week and he said he’d send over some comparisons next to real stuff. Never sent it. Also claimed it to be real repo but I’m guessing it was something he found at a fabric store. Lots of decent smooth vynil availed at fabric stores that looks similar. Also some of his prices are a bit wack.. 400$ for modern Marshall cab tolex string piping and cloth to restore a 4x12.

playloud

Reaction score
Lind studios selling the vynide correct?

I inquired about it last week and he said he’d send over some comparisons next to real stuff. Never sent it. Also claimed it to be real repo but I’m guessing it was something he found at a fabric store. Lots of decent smooth vynil availed at fabric stores that looks similar. Also some of his prices are a bit wack.. 400$ for modern Marshall cab tolex string piping and cloth to restore a 4x12.

Yep. I'm wary about that seller. He's had a few other questionable items in the past.

stickyfinger

Reaction score
Nope decibel's didn't slip.. now on ebay
Lots of nice and hard to find parts though but its to bad the final product didn't do them justice.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.