DSL 100 effects loop crackling?

• Thread starter monty john
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

monty john

Reaction score
Hey guys just checked out a DSL 100 head on CL for $700 and the effects loop has a crackle....tried a jumper cable and still a slight crackle.....what gives, I like the amp its ok good enough soundwise for gigs but don't want probs so didn't buy it...Thanks in advance...

jcmjmp

Reaction score
Without the cable in the loop, there is no crackle?

monty john

Reaction score
Yes thanks correct, sounds ok then plug into effects loop either effects or patch cable crackling very low but present....hey thanks....Monty

monty john

Reaction score
Sorry =without loop engaged (something in there= dd-3 rack gear etc) no crackling sounds.....

jcmjmp

Reaction score
That's something you'd need to look at with a signal generator and scope. Good news is there aren't many devices in that chain that can cause problems.

monty john

Reaction score
Ok thanks, he dropped the price to $650 but the effects loop crackle? Guess I will just let him keep it....

Adrian R

Reaction score
Just try cleaning the FX jacks with contact cleaner...that could get rid of it...

I use contact cleaner on every electrical contact surface in all of my heads...usually crackling noises disappear...especially the tube sockets..

Give it shot!

monty john

Reaction score
Yes tried the contact cleaner in jacks and tubes, I do this bout twice a year with my own amp cleaning the tube sockets....Oh well....yes the crackling was still present....drat...

Latest posts