DSL 50 Set up

• Thread starter thisworks66
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thisworks66

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to this site. I have just bought a DSL 50 with a 1960A Cab. I play an ES335 and a Rickenbacker 330.

The amp is fantastic, I was wondering if anyone had any tips on set up. I play lots of Jam, Who - new wave/punky stuff. Is it best to use one channel for clean, one for overdrive with a pedal for solo's? or the first channel for overdrive and the hi gain for solo's.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Love the bass boost.

Thanks

Rob

DSL100 Dude

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

I use my DSL 90% of the time with the green channel set to crunch and the red channel as my "lead". The preamp on the green sits about 8-10 and the red preamp is around 4ish.
There have also been times when I haven't used red at all and use a TS-9 on green to punch out my leads. Both methods work great.
When I am doing country or jazz I tend to play the green channel on clean and EQ it to taste.

thisworks66

Reaction score
Thanks,

I will try using the green as normal and red as lead first.

Rob

papa-seano

Reaction score
I also play the green channel.
With the button out I have the pre-amp gain on 10 with a fulldrive2 infront of it.
Sounds awesome.
With the button in - the pre-amp gain dial on 7-8 with the fulldrive on.
I use my vol on my les paul at about 6 and raise it for solos.:headbanger:

thisworks66

Reaction score
Thank you,
green channel seems the way. Wish I had got a dsl years ago.

jcmjmp

Reaction score
If want to get the most out of your DSL, get the clean/crunch footswitch mod.

Ken

Reaction score
I personally live in red channel land, but with your guitars I would think the green with the crunch on, and gain 7-10, would be perfect for more aggressive rock/blues and you can back off the guitar's volume and really clean it up when you need to. The Rick in particular should like this. You might venture into Redland, and with the lower output pickups of the Rick in particular I think gain on 3-5 would not be too much. But be aware the red is very rich in harmonics and feedback may be an issue at volume.

Ken.

thisworks66

Reaction score
Cheers Ken,
Need to sort out my Rick, the ES335 blows it away mostly but I'm hoping with this amp I can fall back in love with the Rick.

thisworks66

Reaction score
And everytime I think I have it right I discover a slightly different sound, I am becoming an amp geek - it's worth it.

Latest posts