Dsl 50 similar tones to JVM 205H????

• Thread starter papa-seano
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

papa-seano

Reaction score
Ok so I've recently posted a thread about a dsl and jcm800 comparrison.
I own the JCM800 2204 and love the tone but find it very loud.
I recently sold my JMP 1987x plexi because of the same volume issue. Even with a power brake it was bloody loud lol. But awesome sound.
Anywho.. I was looking at buying a DSL 50. Ive heard it had award winning clean tones ( for marshall ) and a killer second channel.
Now people have told me for tone-stick with the JCM800. But for a great sound and variation go DSL50.

Ive wanted a jcm800 for the past ten years but prices have always been steep. Im so chuffed now I have one but am starting to think will I ever get the best out of it?? I record at local recording studios and at home with a powerbrake. But it does shake the house a little even on low volume settings.:lol:

While looking through marshalls range I came across the JVM 205H.
I loved the new features regarding the footswitch etc but it may have a little to much than what I would use regarding gain.
Ideally I wanted an amp that can produce a jcm800 tone and also I can run as a second amp to my VM but in clean mode with the gain wacked up a little. To get that clarity. Ive heard volume levels on low can still produce great tones on the JVM but I dont know about the DSL.
Any info on differences and similarities would be greatly appreciated.
I just dont want to end up buying something that Im just going to sell again in two weeks.

Thanks chaps.:hippie:

Latest posts