DSL JVM 1/2, 1/4, 1/10, wattage output reduction circuits how do work? What are they actually doing?

• Thread starter adam183
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

adam183

Reaction score
I am wondering with mainly my new DSL20 how the 10 watt mode is working? dropping the output from the power tubes, running just the one power tube, changing from Pentode/Triode, built in power soak?

And also with my JVM1 down to 0.1 watt.

cheers

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am wondering with mainly my new DSL20 how the 10 watt mode is working? dropping the output from the power tubes, running just the one power tube, changing from Pentode/Triode, built in power soak?

And also with my JVM1 down to 0.1 watt.

cheers
AFAIK, the DSL20 power scaling is an output transformer voltage thing that changes the power going to the tubes.
Still uses both tubes - not a pentode/triode switch or a built-in attenuator.

I'm not positive about the 1w JVM, but the 1w DSL uses an internal power soak attenuator for the 0.1w mode.

adam183

Reaction score
AFAIK, the DSL20 power scaling is an output transformer voltage thing that changes the power going to the tubes.
Still uses both tubes - not a pentode/triode switch or a built-in attenuator.

I'm not positive about the 1w JVM, but the 1w DSL uses an internal power soak attenuator for the 0.1w mode.
thanks fitz