DSL Prices?

Springfield Scooter

Reaction score
Ive been away from, and out of the loop, when it comes to Marshall prices for a while....
I know that prices dropped, and availability is limited on certain models.
How had this effected the DSL line up?
I dont recall exactly how the DSL's were priced, prior to the price drop.
Did the price drop effect the new DSL's ?
Did this effect the used DSL's?

ByrdmanFL

Reaction score
Last edited:

ByrdmanFL

Reaction score
It looks to me that if you are patient and want a DSL, there has never been a better time to get a JVM.
True, if you want to spend twice as much for a JVM. Worth it for sure, but not everyone needs/wants/can afford one.

knulp

Reaction score
Dsl100h are the some of the best deals you can do,but really any Marshall can be found for little money in Europe:vintage modern,70’s jmp,900 and jvm too..

But the dsl is no longer crazy cheap as 5 years ago exception made for the some amp here and there,but the same goes for 6100 models and others

PowerTube44

Reaction score
True, if you want to spend twice as much for a JVM. Worth it for sure, but not everyone needs/wants/can afford one.

I'm going to respectfully disagree on the "worth it" part. I had a JVM410H for about three years and never really bonded with it. I won't part with my DSL100H.

So I guess it depends on the player.

ByrdmanFL

Reaction score
I'm going to respectfully disagree on the "worth it" part. I had a JVM410H for about three years and never really bonded with it. I won't part with my DSL100H.

So I guess it depends on the player.
I dont have one, but a buddy does and although I think it sounds awesome, I prefer my DSL. Less knobs and different but good tones with the DSL. His always sounds great dialed with his setup.

I'm sure it is just grass is always greener deal...

knulp

Reaction score
I only compared the dsl1h with the jvm1h

At first I said wow with the jvm
With the dsl I first said so what?

Then I dialed in,with the dsl a lot with the guitar control.
Results were that the dsl records bigger and cutting and just more alive and “real” with a natural attack
Jvm was difficult to get a bad tone from..but impossible to get a great tone for me ,plus recorded was lacking in character and attack like the modelers of ten years ago
However the jvm was so compressed it was very easy to shred on

NumbSkull

Reaction score
I have 4 DSL and a Fender Blues Junior.
Also a JVM 410C.

Even though the DSL's are worth more on paper, I would keep the JVM and dump the rest if I had to choose.

knulp

Reaction score
Da
I have 4 DSL and a Fender Blues Junior.
Also a JVM 410C.

Even though the DSL's are worth more on paper, I would keep the JVM and dump the rest if I had to choose.
Damn,you really tried with the dsl!

knulp

Reaction score
I just cant resist an ebay bargain.
Every few months one comes up on ebay UK and I cant say no.
Maybe this one will be better ? Someone on the Marshall Forum said they were great.
I couldn’t do without mine but it’s not that simple with a dsl,if you want to use red too and even considering it a two channel switcher.
I was not happy when I first got it..ok the clean was great but you know..clean?it’s a Marshall!
Tubes..speakers..even ohmage..pickups,pups height..Using a lot the volume pot on the guitar..smart settings..there’s a lot to do to have a great dsl unfortunately..but now I love it
Example:taming the highs;
Obviously some warm tubes in preamp slots but also a colder bias for the el34.
This is one step that gets not drastic result but does something,expecially the bias more than you expect.
Then the ohmage;
8 ohm tap with 8 ohm speakers =my treble pot and presence are now on five
At 16 ohm with 16ohm speakers it was at 1/2 to get the same brightness
I can get dark with my dsl and I use bright single coils..using a lot volume and tone on the guitar is fundamental