DSL40C has ruined me for all other amps! WTF?

• Thread starter EL34Norge
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

EL34Norge

Reaction score
The DSL40C has somehow become my favorite amp.. I'm no longer going to fight it. I've changed the speaker out and did the C19 mod. It's the best 2 channel amp I've played thru and it excels at it. Since I got my first DSL40C, I've gone thru 2 Splawns, Dr Z Remedy, JCM 900 MKIII combo and a couple more amps. I have one 40C at rehearsal and use my other live when I'm fighting with one of my other amps. The 40C is what I A/B all my other amps with. So without knowing this amp in my chimp brain has become my default amp tone.
I could've saved a lot of time and money if I realized this a couple years ago.
I love the DSL100H, but don't like hauling around a 4x12 cab at 61.

I'm not going to say it's ended my f'd up quest for tone, but this amp has slowed it down a lot.
I do know one thing, if it doesn't say Marshall on it I'm not gonna play thru it anymore..
One last thing, a Splawn, Friedman, Bogner, Germino and others are all amazing killer amps..
They aren't a Marshall!

Cal Nevari

Reaction score
The DSL40C has somehow become my favorite amp.. I'm no longer going to fight it. I've changed the speaker out and did the C19 mod. It's the best 2 channel amp I've played thru and it excels at it. Since I got my first DSL40C, I've gone thru 2 Splawns, Dr Z Remedy, JCM 900 MKIII combo and a couple more amps. I have one 40C at rehearsal and use my other live when I'm fighting with one of my other amps. The 40C is what I A/B all my other amps with. So without knowing this amp in my chimp brain has become my default amp tone.
I could've saved a lot of time and money if I realized this a couple years ago.
I love the DSL100H, but don't like hauling around a 4x12 cab at 61.

I'm not going to say it's ended my f'd up quest for tone, but this amp has slowed it down a lot.
I do know one thing, if it doesn't say Marshall on it I'm not gonna play thru it anymore..
One last thing, a Splawn, Friedman, Bogner, Germino and others are all amazing killer amps..
They aren't a Marshall!
Sounds like you have found your bliss! Congratulations!

purpleplexi

Reaction score
Lots on here don't much care for DSLs but every time I plug into mine - I'm away from it for months at a time - it just feels great. I've changed the speaker too and I'm fussy about what tubes go in it but it always sounds sweet and musical to me.

circles

Reaction score
Happy new amp day!

I had one of those for a week, but I could not mind-meld with it, so it got exchanged for something else. But I can see for the right person/context they would be great.

TheLoudness!!

Reaction score
I haven't owned the DSL40 but as noted on here before, the one I tried out had some killer tones in it.

I'm glad you are enjoying it. I currently own 7 amps and a couple of them need repairs. While I think there are obviously amps I'd love to own, I feel like I don't "need" anymore. I'm that guy who just isn't into modelers or profilers. There is nothing wrong with them. They just don't inspire me...at all.

I'm thinking of selling another amp off. If I'm not using it or will not use it, I think it needs to go.

Having a lot of gear is both good and bad it seems.

I had a lot of stuff that would be considered "boutique". This doesn't make it better at all.

Latest posts