• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Dsl40c question

• Thread starter DawgFather
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DawgFather

Reaction score
Hello,im new to tube amps and from everything i read on this forum i picked up the dsl40c. Im working my way through the dsl40 thread and just had a quick question. Regardless of which channel im on if the gain is set at 0 and i turn the volume knob up i have no sound even with volume cranked. Is this normal? Only when i turn the gain up the volume works. Just want to make sure there isn't anything wrong with my amp. Thank you

Len

Reaction score
Yes, the gain has to be above 0 to pass the sound.

BanditPanda

Reaction score
Hello,im new to tube amps and from everything i read on this forum i picked up the dsl40c. Im working my way through the dsl40 thread and just had a quick question. Regardless of which channel im on if the gain is set at 0 and i turn the volume knob up i have no sound even with volume cranked. Is this normal? Only when i turn the gain up the volume works. Just want to make sure there isn't anything wrong with my amp. Thank you

You could consider the gain knob to be your master volume